StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So Ive been looking at a no longer available design I found online for some time now and decided to try to duplicate some of it on my own to make the bike look sharper. Printed out the pattern to scale and found out the pieces aren't that close and will need the paterns hand fit.

Got 3 pieces done for left panel under seat today. Should be easy to cut the other side tomorrow from mirrored templates. Picked up some Orafol Oracal 651 vinyl. Will see how it holds up before I do that much more.
(Edit) guess I cant really do anything slow. Scroll to post #14 for some 2 days later photos.

Sent from my LGUS997 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I like those KLR graphics.

I'd have gladly paid 120 for a finished set for this bike, but couldn't find much short of going to a local shop and paying for custom wrap job. I'm only in 40 bucks at this point for more material then Ill ever need. I'll probabbly have a decal shop make the small lettered decals this week.

I dont like the red beak in the decal image, and decided to leave it white. Also powder coated the aluminum tank shroud pieces white to go with the rest of it.

Heres one side 90% done. Realy changed the look of the bike.

·
Vendor
4,729 Posts
Reminds me of the Suzuki DR Big Paris to Dakar entries.

There used to be a bunch of guys who made graphics like this for V-Stroms. See VSRI. They could not make the transition from private to corporate website and all dried up.

I still think it is possible though. You just have to go about it differently.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This was the other layout I found. Wonder if that who designed it. I almost went with this one as I followed the Dakar as a kid in the late 80's a bit and loved the DR Big concept. I seen a roumor they make bring it back in 2020 in one form or another.

·
Vendor
4,729 Posts
I think you are on to something big. No pun intended. Just happy coincidence.

There is an oppurtunity here for a 3D printer to be helpful also. While it has grown on me, originally many including myself thought that beak was fugly.

If an owner of a 3D printer wanted a challenge he might try to make a more attractive nose for the Vee2.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Right side all cut and ready to apply. Anxious to hit the sign shop to get the small lettering ordered now.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Wonder how well that works for covering up scratches? Is your bike red originally? Wonder what colors would goo good with the tan ones? I’m thinking green.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wonder how well that works for covering up scratches? Is your bike red originally?
If you can feel the scratch, it will show through.. Bike was originally white. See first post for pic.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Looks really nice! I think with the rise of vinyl wrap & graphics, we will start to see more of these personalized setups.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Wow, this is so great! Great job.

I've been toying with the idea of painting/wrapping my vee in 80's offroad suzuki colour scheme, but this is pushing me in a new direction.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts