StromTrooper banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's time to start thinking about the 2015 Eastern Vstrom Gathering or 2015 Vstrom Gathering East (May 14 - 17) and the Slow Race. I will be assisting Mark444 and Fire Fox with the Slow Race this year. I think it was a safety issue, I entered last year and they saw how bad I did and were concerned for the safety of the spectators. :mrgreen:

It's a great event and an opportunity to show your riding prowess. Anyone can ride fast but only the experts can ride slow.

I understand the event started back in 2012. The winner that year was "NC HillBilly". In 2013 a Women's Division was added. The Men's winner was "Turtle" and the Women's winner was "Trooperette".

The 2014's winner's (if my memory is correct):

This years winners get a gorgeous trophy. Think Stanley Cup, eh. Ok, maybe not that big or that shiny. PLUS, a CASH award!

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How about a show of hands for those interested in participating in the Slow Race at the 2015 Eastern Vstrom Gathering, May 14-17. It will be held at the Iron Horse MC Lodge on Saturday, starting around 4:30-5:00 PM, in the Lodge's parking lot. We will have both a Men's Division and a Women's Division. Open to all attendees and motorcycles (excluding trikes and those with side cars).

The event & course will be similar to last years; about 60 feet long, with wooden bridge (bump), and some curves. Multiple runs and we'll record your best (slowest) time.

It's a fun event with serious bragging rights as the "Slowest Vstrom Rider in the East".

The winners will receive a trophy and a CASH award.

If you would like to participate, please post your forum name and state/province (optional) below ......... by copying and pasting (not "Quote") the list below.

2015 Eastern Vstrom Gathering Slow Race Entries:

1 -
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10-
etc.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Ok well, I guess I'll get the ball rolling here. Never attended this gathering - will be my first. But me and my Wee are looking forward to seeing what it's all about.

If you would like to participate, please post your forum name and state/province (optional) below ......... by copying and pasting (not "Quote") the list below.

1 - Hickorybro....Winston Salem, NC
2 -
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10-

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
I'm in........just to make everyone "snicker" at how bad a rider I am......:green_lol:

2 - mark444.......BurpinHam, Al
3 -
4 -
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10-

·
Registered
19 Posts
We're in......

3 - 4245jack.......Lebanon, IN
4 - trooperette....Lebanon, IN
5 -
6 -
7 -
8 -
9 -
10-

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Only 4 weeks left.

Plenty of room for more folks to sign up and show their riding prowess.

Trophy and Cash ($25.00) for the slowest time in both the Men's and Women's Division.

·
Registered
8 Posts
We're in......

5 - Emanuel....Parma OH
6 - Stefan......Parma OH
7 -
8 -
9 -
10-

·
Registered
22 Posts
slow race

We're in......

5 - Emanuel....Parma OH
6 - Stefan......Parma OH
7 - Marylu......Ohio City, OH
8 -
9 -
10-

·
Registered
258 Posts
What the heck!

5 - Emanuel....Parma OH
6 - Stefan......Parma OH
7 - Marylu......Ohio City, OH
8 - FLBCHBM....Sterling, VA
9 - Korny - Tallahassee, FL
10-

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Race..........

First 15 people to "post" their entry into the SS Race here gets a "Suzuki Vstrom" hat pin.......or, pin it on your "vest" to show off your "Flair" (Movie: Office Space). :mrgreen:

·
Registered
258 Posts
C'mon guys (and ladies)

C'mon guys (and ladies) there must be more of you that are willing to embarrass yourself. Heck,, my slow speed abilities on the Wee are non-existant.

Give it a try!!!!

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Stalky Tracker has posted a $25 Cash Award for each of the weiners..........ahhhh....winners. That $25 will pay for alot of "suds" next weekend.........:yesnod: :thumbup:
Going from memory here, but I believe we had 15-20 folks competing last year. It was funny: some would be arriving around 5:15PM from riding all day, and then pull right in line for the SS Race.........!!! You don't have to be on a Vstrom to enter.......just no 3-wheelers, sidecars, nor training wheels....:green_lol: You will get 3, maybe 4, tries at the course (depending on the number of entries). Your slowest time of the three tries will count.......the whole run is over with in approximately 20-25 seconds.

·
Registered
2,019 Posts
Add several hundred more cones and I'd ride out and enter :)
I'm sure more will want to sign up when they see the fun y'all are having.

·
Premium Member
4,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Thank you to all who participated in the 2015 Slow Speed Race at this year Eastern Vstrom Gathering.

A special thanks to Moto-Kafe for the cash prizes and Vstrom pins.

Hopefully the participants and spectators alike enjoyed the event.

·
Premium Member
3,024 Posts
Thankyou Stalky Tracker for "stepping up to the plate" and organizing/running the SS Race this year. Those two trophies looked GREAT!! Congrats to Chase and Lynn for winning!!!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts