StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new ride was delivered today.
Arrived at 10:55. Has a teleconference scheduled for 11:00. Great.

Took a few photos with the wife. Rode around the neighborhood 15 miles or so and then went to work. In the car. Didn't think I was ready for those highways and that traffic.

Came home from work. Played with the dog a bit, and then, it's time to ride. Went to the local brewery to show off to my friends. I'm not sure why most of my friends are people I've met at breweries. A nice couple told me about their vineyard 10 miles away on the curvy , scenic way home. I took that route home, past the camel dairy.

All in all, a pretty good first day with the new bike. 55 miles. A little numbness in the right hand. I see what everyone is talking about with the windscreen buffeting.

I have one, lingering regret.

That I didn't do this 15 years ago.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yep, that's the one. Went by twice more today on the way to Julian and back.

There was a MC accident on Hwy 78 on the way. Lots of folks and fellow riders had stopped to help, but the emergency vehicles were still on the way. I'm assuming that it wasn't a fatality because the road wasn't shut down.

·
Registered
440 Posts
You've got yourself a great bike there.

·
Registered
975 Posts
BTU to you, too!
(big thumbs up)

i'm closing in on my 19th year of riding, with more than 220k miles, the VAST majority gathered in san diego county. don't hafta go far to find fun roads.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm moving past 54 years of continual riding and my 2016 DL650 is my 80th bike!:wink2:

Every time I ride the little bike I like it more as it is a great "all around" mount.

Sam:smile2:

·
Registered
11,528 Posts
OMG - 80th bike? I have had 17 in about 50 years and my wife reminds me of it every time I mention a new bike. She limits me to two at a time and that I hold on to them at least a full year. lol

Congrats on the new Strom. They are great bikes - maybe still the best all around adventure touring when you include price and reliability. (That is from someone who rides with three BMW owners)

·
Registered
202 Posts
Nows the time for you and your wife to load up and go for a 1 night of camping. Getting there and back is all of the fun long with the quiet of Nature! I have 2015 adventure and love it. Kudos

1 - 8 of 8 Posts