StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
not having a problem thinking of buying but looking for some general information on the bikes performance and reliability.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
You're in the right section......get to reading. ;)

·
Registered
122 Posts
There are no serious problems with latest version of the VStrom. The original was a great bike and the new ones are even better. Hop on and ride, ride, ride...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the 14 had recalls for corrosion and some ecu problems. has anyone seen these or other problems in the 15?

·
Premium Member
2,304 Posts
the 14 had recalls for corrosion and some ecu problems. has anyone seen these or other problems in the 15?

Don't know about the 2015's, but my '14 Vee2 did have a recall of the wiring harness. Replaced by the dealer with NO issues. Was happy Suzuki took responsibility. Almost 30,000 miles of grin smiling fun on my '14. These days, almost every motorized vehicle has some kind of recall.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I have dark grey mat 15 model.
Yes, it has ecu problem. After replacement by warranty to newer 02 ecu the backfires in air box did not lost. Sometimes it backfires eaven 3-4 times in few seconds when cold.
It has clutch noises and vibrations as the old model.
Dark grey mat finish scratches too easely.
OE windscreen must be removed before ride - that screen is disaster!

·
Registered
22 Posts
I've had no issues apart from not riding it enough! Made some adjustments to make it ride & turn better. Windscreen sucks for me, as does the seat, but they seem to vary depending on the rider.
Take one for a ride.

·
Registered
9 Posts
A good dealer is key with any serious vehicle.

My 2015 is sweet and gets bettah with use!

Wiring harness recall: done
ECU upgrade to J12: done

Perfect bike for me: city, travels, highway...

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
I hear some complaining of not having enough time to ride. Does that count?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts