StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have about 16K miles on this bike and I started taking it apart to do a valve check today. Long story short, the quick connector on the fuel line is jammed at the tank. I cant depress the blue tabs to release the fuel line for love or money. Been at it for a couple of hours now and have had to walk away for a bit.

Tried squeezing the tabs with a small pair of channel locks (no go) and then tried using a small hose clamp to squeeze the tabs. Nope. I live 250 miles from town so a dealer is out of the question. I can't even find the part online so that I can trash the one I have and replace it.

Don't know where to go from here. Any help will be appreciated. TIA

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Nevermind. I just got pissed and went mid-evil on it and unplugged it without damage. What a cluster. Thanks for your attention anyway.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Well I pushed it in then got a small flat screwdriver on each blue tab and wedged them under the black coupling. It's like juggling cats. Anyway, a little prying on both sides with some judicious use of the King's English and it just came apart like fresh grease. I donno but it worked.

·
Registered
2,705 Posts
Look at the Dr V Strom Video just before 20 minutes into the video. It helps if you make sure there is no tension on the retaining clip, so push the fuel line connector a bit towards the pump and it should come right off, as he shows:

·
Registered
235 Posts
How did you attach the aftermarket disconnect to the existing fuel line?
It's the same connection as the stock one, so you can replace just the Male part on the tank and keep the female part on the fuel line.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
14,166 Posts
I've had the tank off a few times. Sometimes the valve is easier to operate than others.
It's always nicer when it co-operates!

·
Registered
12 Posts
“Burrhead” brings back all kinds of memories. It’s what my Dad used to call me when I was a little tyke. Thanks for the reminder!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts