·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

From a motorcycle site in Oz.

·
Registered
4,999 Posts
wow, thanks for posting that, kind of like Triumph Tiger 800. It's good to see Suzuki doing more on motorcycles again.

·
Registered
824 Posts
does look good
remember, the US is often a stepchild to Suzuki.
We don't always get the same bikes as other markets or as soon.
But several manufactures do the same.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Just traded my 08 KLR for a 2014 Glee. If I'd known there was a more off road oriemted option coming down the pipe I'd have kept the thumper another year.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Good thing I paid cash for my 2013.....might be a good down payment "IF" the 2015 is real.

·
Registered
824 Posts
More off road and still no bash plate? What a joke.

actually not
I see a more off road version of an adv bike. I don't think they're saying it will be a dual sport
many adv bikes don't come with bash plates-those that do cost a bunch more the a Vee or Glee
and if it did have one, everybody would bitch because there was something wrong with it
I'd rather buy what I want and put it on

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
Beaks belong on bimmers....
Bimmers are cars. The bikes are Beemers.

Where is rumor control? I'll be surprised if this one comes anywhere near true.

·
Premium Member
3,157 Posts
This appears to be a photoshop flight of fancy, rather than a possibility.

·
Read Only
222 Posts
Pedestrian impaler

Beaks look like they would be good for stabbing pedestrians (aka: Death Race 2000) for points.:mrgreen:

·
Registered
113 Posts
This appears to be a photoshop flight of fancy, rather than a possibility.
The picture is Photoshopped as the caption already admits this. I would love to see this bike come out soon. I might be able to pickup a low mileage used one by the time retirement comes for my '04. If they delete ABS it could probably be priced identical to the standard version.

_

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
wow, thanks for posting that, kind of like Triumph Tiger 800. It's good to see Suzuki doing more on motorcycles again.
If this model is indeed true:

From a Japanese sale & competition perspective, i'd say Suzuki is worried about seeing pressure and lost sales from Yamaha's new 700 twin Tenere coming down the pike for 2015. Suzuki has had no competition in the mid-size ADV bike category until now from the other 3 Japanese Mfg...and that is all about to change. Suzuki has no pressure to update the so-so suspension/wheels on the gen 2 strom even though people have been asking for a real ADV model for years, not just some Motech bolt on parts. Suzuki knows what Yamaha has accomplished with the 1200 Super Tenere and i'm sure is very concerned (which they should be) the 700 Tenere will blow the doors of the 650 Strom. They don't want the 650 Strom to be seen the KLR of the ADV bike world.

·
Registered
158 Posts
This article reminds me of the usual new model year rumor mill that started since the first DL1K was introduced as an '02 model. It took Suzuki 8 years to make changes to the 650 and 12 years the 1000. Keep that in mind when people suggest all kinds of radical changes 3 years into a new model's life.

Gustavo

·
Registered
165 Posts
If that is what the 2015 will look like, I like it. Not going to run down and trade in my 12 Adventure, but I like it.
Every pirate I meet and talk to thinks I'm on a Beemer now :thumbup: wonder how many more would think that seeing the beak?
Wonder if the spoked wheels will be tubeless?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts