StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spoke today to Suzuki USA. Got ahold of their marketing/sales guys to get a better date for delivery. They said April/May to all the US dealers. We'll see if that same message is conveyed at the IMS Cleveland in 3 weeks. Until then, I shall live vicariously on the bike through YouTube reviews. :)

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Spoke today to Suzuki USA. Got ahold of their marketing/sales guys to get a better date for delivery. They said April/May to all the US dealers. We'll see if that same message is conveyed at the IMS Cleveland in 3 weeks. Until then, I shall live vicariously on the bike through YouTube reviews. :)

That's what my dealer said a month or so ago when I gave my deposit. He added that Suzuki is "notoriously late" on their Spring delivery so more likely it'll be May. So that's what I'm planning for and if it's earlier then it'll just be a pleasant surprise.

Like you I'm looking forward to seeing it in person, for me it will be the D.C. IMS next weekend.

:hurray:

·
Premium Member
2,307 Posts
Guys,
You're just playing into Suzuki. We will lose all our leverage if they think we really like and want their new offering (lol).
My dealer is also skeptical as to the dated of its' arrival. Maybe they are fooling with our heads, and we will get a call in March that our bikes are in!:green_lol:

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stoopy - take a bunch of close-up photos of the wheels, instrument panel, inside cases, etc etc. and post. Some good under seat shots would be nice too. Thanks if you can!!

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
:thumbup:
Stoopy - take a bunch of close-up photos of the wheels, instrument panel, inside cases, etc etc. and post. Some good under seat shots would be nice too. Thanks if you can!!

Will do, count on it! :thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Stoopy, If you can,please find out if it is running a 530 Chain. No bike over 750cc should run less than a 10,000 pound breaking strain chain. Suzuki are tight ass when it comes to final drives. I also note that the cooling system now runs Organic additive technology(OAT) long life coolant - Silicate, Borate & phosphate free. (Blue in color). Another small improvement as its good for 5years or 200,000 miles.
Thank you

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Stoopy, If you can,please find out if it is running a 530 Chain. No bike over 750cc should run less than a 10,000 pound breaking strain chain. Suzuki are tight ass when it comes to final drives. I also note that the cooling system now runs Organic additive technology(OAT) long life coolant - Silicate, Borate & phosphate free. (Blue in color). Another small improvement as its good for 5years or 200,000 miles.
Thank you
Interesting, I never realized that my inferior 525 chain on my 1000 should have broke by now, also the 2 chains I had on my previous 05. :confused:

·
Banned
1,121 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Interesting, I never realized that my inferior 525 chain on my 1000 should have broke by now, also the 2 chains I had on my previous 05. :confused:

You too Big B? Now I have something else to worry about. I figured the next couple thousand miles before I hit 100,000 miles on my 525 chain wearing P.O.S. would be a piece of cake. Now, I need to add the drive chain to my necklace of worry beads.

·
Registered
1,904 Posts
Im hoping the Suzuki Dealer in Lake Havasu has one when they do their Annual Gathering:thumbup:
Does that silver panel above the tank bug anyone other then me?:confused:
Why isn't it color matched or black?:thumbdown:
Mike

·
Registered
109 Posts
gold forks, And that 1980's star wars look a alike rear rack :puke:

·
Registered
209 Posts
I agree, those gold forks are hideous...I will wait for a test ride, if the dealership offers one. If it's not that big of change, I will have no problem holding on to my current Strom....

·
Registered
205 Posts

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
Must be just me, but I kinda dig the gold forks, the beak and the silver rack :thumbup:

If I was to change one thing it would be the exhaust, wish it was a little higher.

And they missed the chance to add an L.E.D strip on the headlight :yesnod:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts