StromTrooper banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Probably some of us would go if it wasn't in conflict of our Annual Spring V Strom Gathering. Perhaps even more would go if it was 1 weekend later specialy 1 week after there is East V Strom meet at Iron Horse in NC. Just take one week off and have a greate 2 weekends of riding one after another. Maybe we should suggest it to our friends from WV...

·
Registered
806 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No I don't think it's a good idea to ask him to change the date of an event to suite a couple people.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I'm going , it was one of the high points of my riding season last year . We actually camp out behind the dealership in a huge , manicured field . They even built heated showers for us !

The town of Romney is quaint and welcoming , the people are very nice, and the roads are AMAZING .

Last year , they blamed me for bringing the ( very cold ) weather with me , so a few more Canadians to bear the blame would be welcome .

I rode home with a cat from Buffalo , on the fastest KLR650 in captivity , till we got split up on a coffee quest in the middle of nowhere ...

Alex

·
Registered
4 Posts
Annual Spring V Strom Gathering?

Probably some of us would go if it wasn't in conflict of our Annual Spring V Strom Gathering. Perhaps even more would go if it was 1 weekend later specialy 1 week after there is East V Strom meet at Iron Horse in NC. Just take one week off and have a greate 2 weekends of riding one after another. Maybe we should suggest it to our friends from WV...
Is this 'Gathering' the one that began in Barrie in 2013. If so, what is the schedule for 2014? I'd like to keep the date open.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,938 Posts
Is this 'Gathering' the one that began in Barrie in 2013. If so, what is the schedule for 2014? I'd like to keep the date open.
Thanks
Yes that's the one, but it did not began in 2013. It started few years ago. Just last 2 years it took place on the first weekend of May. Meeting point Barrie, ON. I have not heard about it for this year yet.

·
Premium Member
2,362 Posts
Nix if it's April 27

Yes that's the one, but it did not began in 2013. It started few years ago. Just last 2 years it took place on the first weekend of May. Meeting point Barrie, ON. I have not heard about it for this year yet.
April is too early in the year for this old fossil to ride from Florida to Ontario.
I know because I have done it two times, and that is enough.

So if the Spring Ride is May 4 2014, I will try to make it.
Canada Fever strikes me earlier and earlier each year.
This time it is biting hard already, and winter is only one-third through.

Keith

·
Administrator
17,390 Posts
April is too early in the year for this old fossil to ride from Florida to Ontario.
I know because I have done it two times, and that is enough.

So if the Spring Ride is May 4 2014, I will try to make it.
Canada Fever strikes me earlier and earlier each year.
This time it is biting hard already, and winter is only one-third through.

Keith
This is in Romney WV, not in Canada.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts