StromTrooper banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks,

I recently purchased a 2014 dl650 Candian model (e-28). I've added a good amount of accessories (skid plate, crash bars, givi luggage, barkbuster hand guards, etc). As life would have it, I may be relocating to Germany in the near future. I love my bike, and would like to take it along.

Does anyone know if the Canadian model vstrom would pass German inspection (ie. lights, emissions, etc)? I've sent a mail to Suzuki Canada with a similar inquiry, but thought I might get lucky with an answer here.

Many Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So I just received a response from Suzuki Canada:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer Service <[email protected]>

Please note that North American vehicles do not meet the European specifications on emissions and safety regulations and as such, exportation is not possible. Suzuki Canada cannot provide any assistance with such requests.

Regards,

Customer Service | Service au Client |Suzuki Canada Inc.
100 East Beaver Creek Road
Richmond Hill, ON Canada L4B 1J6
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This response seems a little 'we're covering our asses.' Are the NA models really that much different than EU?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts