1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Administrator
13,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
That's about twice what I told them to sell it for.

·
Administrator
13,820 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
1,856 Posts

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
I consider it about a $1000 higher than it should be but at least its not totally ridiculous. Knowing Suzuki though, they won't sell all that great and will be discounting them 3 months after they arrive.

·
Premium Member
715 Posts

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
Funny, 3 differents threads for the same subject :confused:
Suzuki gets wind that we can't keep track of the number of threads we have open on this subject , they might raise the price some more.......:green_lol:

·
Registered
189 Posts
One Word Response: NOPE

Too high... at least they will not be pirating the 650, and I can now dedicate my time to searching for a leftover FJR...

--John

·
Registered
6,665 Posts
Yes they over reached

They would have to get this is the best motorcycle ever reviews

They will be compared to the BMW and Katoom :crash:

·
Premium Member
4,227 Posts
Just got this from my dealer in Canada.

They will be here mid March to early April.
Base model is $11,999 SE model ( with side bags, centerstand and hand guards) $12,999
They are coming in red, black, khaki and white.
The first shipment is almost sold out Canada wide. We have sold 4 already fully paid for. At the money they are asking as MSRP this is going to be a great bike. SE model is cheaper than the base model Triumph.

Hard to imagine these being cheaper in Canada, but there ya go. :)

If you want one, better get down to your dealer quick.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Too much for a pile of reheated parts. It would have worked out better for them at 11499.00. But hey if your a little patent you will get it for that in about September. They needed to be much more innovative for that to be the price. If I were to lay money down on a bike it would be the Yamaha for the shaft drive alone, unless Suzuki were to surprise by coming in first in all the shoot outs. I am thinking they will be on the wrong end of that list. It was a nice try if they didn't spend the money to develop a new power plant in total then the suspension will also be parts that are on the cheap as well. The brake upgrade will be nice though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
189 Posts
What? cheaper in Canada? Believe it when I see it... given the price differential Canada to U.S. on ALL prior year Suzukis. I believe Suzuki has just laid an(other) egg, at best - all hype aside, it is overpriced... the little Tiger is great competiion at $10999.00 - but I may very well be returning to the Sport/Touring segment anyway... the only attraction that remains for me is traction control...

BTW, for those considering a Tenere - my opinion - overpriced - and, I just test drove one a few weeks ago - now I am not a certified m/c critic - but, it was a "bucket of bolts" compared to my '12 DL650. Loud, lots of vibration, wind mgmt. non-existent... I was surprised how unimpressed I was - esp. with all the hype Yama put into the prerelease - sound familiar? I kind of feel sorry for Suzuki at this point - the 650 is definitely a gem - but at this price point for the 1000 - they will become even less relevant as a company...sad - they really don't have much else going - cruisers dead, sport segment stagnant, motocross maybe - but, this is why we see the return to 0% financing for almost everything...

--John

·
Administrator
17,529 Posts
Too much for a pile of reheated parts. It would have worked out better for them at 11499.00. But hey if your a little patent you will get it for that in about September. They needed to be much more innovative for that to be the price. If I were to lay money down on a bike it would be the Yamaha for the shaft drive alone, unless Suzuki were to surprise by coming in first in all the shoot outs. I am thinking they will be on the wrong end of that list. It was a nice try if they didn't spend the money to develop a new power plant in total then the suspension will also be parts that are on the cheap as well. The brake upgrade will be nice though.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
Not sure what new Vstrom you are refering to, because this is a totally new bike. So what were you wanting it to be, what else were you expecting for this to be such a let down? Don't worry, it is gonna sell just fine and I am even betting some 650 owners are gonna switch.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts