StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Looks like Suzuki will be offering plenty of protection for this bike. Maybe they are expecting people to use it for Adventure riding :yikes:

This Thread here for standard accessories

Skid Plate -Aluminum

KNUCKLE COVER

Accessory Bars

Lower Tank Cover Pad

Lower Frame Cover Pad

Tank Side Pads - Clear

Tank Side Pads -Black

Tank Pad

Chain Guard

Sidestand Plate

All these accessories look great and will really add an Adventure look to the new V2 :thumbup:

·
Banned
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Egads. How many occurrences of "V-Strom" does Suzuki think we want on the bike?

JET
As many as it takes. Wear it proud and loud. :thumbup:

Me, I plan on having Vstrom on everything -

·
Registered
15,612 Posts
Unless my eyes deceive me it looks as though the bash plate mounts get bolted to the engine bolts. Isn't that a perceived no-no?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Coffee cups and watches might be nice alternatives to bar-and-shield mo'cycle paraphenalia around the house but they list this bike under the "Adventure" and "Dual Sport" sections of their website so they need to have real accessories to support that position.

Looks like they've certainly been paying attention to the forums and Richland Rick in particular, offering mirror extenders and sidestand feet. What, no peg lowering kit?

Other than more brand advertising I'm not understanding the benefit of the chain guard, the bike does come with a regular stock chain guard, please tell me it's true?

I'll have a look at this stuff in person at the IMS this weekend but for now I'm hoping Pat Walsh will offer a bash plate and engine guard setup that also accepts highway pegs like they did for the setup on my Wee.

·
Registered
899 Posts
It's a no-no for a "Bash Plate" but not necessarily for an "Oil Filter Protector".
Yeah, it looks like the aluminum 'bash plate' has multiple crumple zones. It is probably not up to being a lifting point.

·
Registered
2,361 Posts
Everything but the crash bars looks like junk to me.

·
Administrator
17,521 Posts
Everything but the crash bars looks like junk to me.
More like expensive but cheaply made. I am looking forward to seeing what Tourtech and Twisted Throttle "and other vendors we like" will be pumping out, now that will be quality stuff.

·
Registered
96 Posts
It's odd to see a factory accessory side stand foot enlarger. Why wouldn't they just make the damn thing that big in the first place?!

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
McMann,
I was under the impression that Suzuki made the Vstrom knowing that the bike would not have much "rock time". I understand your concern, and would not be bashing the skidplate as it is currently attached. Personally, I only ride asphalt and hard packed dirt, for which this plate IS enough protection. If history repeats itself, one of the aftermarket fabricators will come up with another option. I too am way ready for the delivery of my Vee2, and curious as to what and when the aftermarket vendors will offer their farkles.

·
Registered
240 Posts
engine crash pans...

I'm sure, in a "few" months there will be all kinds of protection for this bike. $$$$$ is a great motivator.

·
Registered
899 Posts
Rock bashing aside, I think another motivation for getting a belly pan is to provide a stable lift point for jacking. The OEM skip plate looks a bit doubtful for taking the weight of the bike.

·
Registered
248 Posts
I wonder if the side stand plate fit the current vee? I could make mine a v1.0.1

·
Registered
25 Posts
my first post

Hi all,
While this is an old-ish thread, I just bought a new 2014 Vee (traded my 2008 Vee) and loving it. The grunt off idle, suspension, handling and brakes are really impressive. Especially 2-up on the rough local roads.
Bummer the accessories wont be in Aus for a while yet.
Wondering whether best to get the skid plate or the plastic engine cowling or an aftermarket skid plate?? I wont be doing any bush/rock bashing, just the odd foray onto unsealed roads/fire trails etc., so the main benefit will be to keep the crud and odd stone off. Hence I'm thinking the plastic cowling is probably good enough, and will actually be better at keeping all the crud and flung stones off the engine bits. The skid plate is low and doesn't cover much of the front. Maybe if there's an alternate aftermarket job, I'd get the best of both worlds?
Other consideration is getting the Adventure accessories pack when it finally arrives, which will have one or the other included in any case.
Also, has anyone had any issue with damage to the underside riding off the tarmac with the bike as is, i.e. unprotected?

·
Registered
209 Posts
The down side of fitting the cosmetic plastic cowl or the slightly less cosmetic metal version is that they will probably collect dirt. On the few times (its been too damned wet to do much) I've ventured off sealed roads so far, the extended front guard seems to keep stones from flying up.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts