StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, I bought a new 2014 V-Strom a few months back and like others after my first service there was a noticeable knocking sound. I came home pulled up this site and realized I wasn't the only one and more than one member suggested to have throttle bodies synched. Dealer did so no charge and noise issue gone and better response. I just recently had second service and noise is back. WTF. Anyone else with ongoing issue. Am I going to have to do this every time I service?I am far from mechanically inclined but this doesn't seem right. I wrote to Suzuki after the first issue and no response from them, however they warrantied it through the dealer the first time.

·
Administrator
17,520 Posts
Makes ZERO sense why a TB synch would alleviate or quiet down the idle hammer, so call me baffled. And save yourself some money and change your own oil........so easy to do. :fineprint:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the welcome. It does affect the low rpm performance noticeably. Bike was running beautiful after first adjustment and now back to not so good. The noise I could live with but it's not running at potential. Bought the vstrom based on articles and word of mouth reliability. Other than this issue I love the bike.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I had the same thing on my bike after the first service, but after some more miles the noise disappeared and the bike is just getting better and better. :smile2:

·
Registered
42 Posts
A lot of noise come from air filter box because of the design of air intake... To cut all little knocking noise from the air filter box I use 3M sound reduction mat to cover all the surface of the box and it works ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I just took it in for the recall and my throttle bodies were out of synch yet again. That is twice in 4600 miles. I mentioned to the dealer talk of ECU being replaced and they said they would talk to Suzuki. It still doesn't run right in lower rpms. There are blips and lean spots. I read in a recent post that Suzuki knows of problems with ECU and that 3 out of ten Dl1000's are affected. It seems this could be my problem. Again I'm not that mechanical and would like some feedback.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts