StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure lots of guys are going to be itching for a demo on the '14.

I got word yesterday that Suzuki has confirmed they are bringing a demo bike to the Romney Event in West Virginia. It will be there on Saturday, May 3rd.

I imagine Suzuki will be putting one or two of the bikes on their normal traveling demo tractor trailer. Thought I'd let people know about this additional opportunity.

·
Registered
4,983 Posts
The Grants Pass, Oregon dealer told me last week, he is expecting a truck with demo rides this spring. End of April coming up I-5 from California.

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
I'm sure lots of guys are going to be itching for a demo on the '14.

I got word yesterday that Suzuki has confirmed they are bringing a demo bike to the Romney Event in West Virginia. It will be there on Saturday, May 3rd.
Must find a way to Romney.

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
Hook me up Jon, all current and past Strom owners should have top priority!!!! :thumbup:

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hook me up Jon, all current and past Strom owners should have top priority!!!! :thumbup:
I'm just the messenger on this one. I will let Romney know they should expect high demand.

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
I'm just the messenger on this one. I will let Romney know they should expect high demand.
Good enough for me, and not like it is wise for me to ride one anyways. :headbang:

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good enough for me, and not like it is wise for me to ride one anyways. :headbang:
:green_lol: Yes, you switch bikes about as fast as I do. Doing a demo could cost you some money.

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
:green_lol: Yes, you switch bikes about as fast as I do. Doing a demo could cost you some money.
Hey it is only every 4 years, that isn't too bad. :mrgreen: I seriously do not see myself switching for a good while, really getting attached to my 06 Vee, and I am starting to get it set up just how I like it. Only 7 more weeks.......yeehaw!

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Confirmed yesterday the 2014 DL1000 will be available for demo rides all day Friday (5/2) and Saturday (5/3) at Romney Cycles, Romney WV.

Of course you are welcome to make a weekend out of it at the Camp and Ride event.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
I'll keep and eye out, since I'd like to demo one. :mrgreen:

Ownership? Not so much.

·
Registered
32 Posts
In case anyone in the Long Island, New York area is interested the dealership in Mineola has a Demo model, I took it for a spin yesterday....very impressed.

·
Banned
1,121 Posts
There will be a lot of V-Strom 1000's sold after they are test ridden, guarantee it! :yesnod:

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
Would not be for a good while for me, just getting my 06 broken in now, plus I am sure I can find a lightly used one when I am ready. :yesnod:

·
Registered
55 Posts
There will be a lot of V-Strom 1000's sold after they are test ridden, guarantee it! :yesnod:
That would be me, for one. New guy here. Rode one last week & was very impressed. Now I'm putting one of my bikes up for sale and I hope to be an owner shortly.:thumbup:

·
Premium Member
583 Posts
big b dont ride that thing it will cause lust man :mrgreen: the one i just built was very impressive it pulls smoothly from way down in the revs, handles great, and looks pretty dang good too. but at almost 12 grand i will be waiting awhile to get one :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Demo

Just took the new Strom out for a spin from the Canberra Motorcycle Centre. Really like the modern brakes compared to a 2010 Vee and the engine was sweeeeet. :hurray: I hear that Dahlitz M/C in Queanbeyan also have a demo on the floor.

·
Administrator
17,504 Posts
I am just glad to hear that any Vee2 haters and naysayers on the board are starting to eat crow now.

·
Registered
299 Posts
last week i did a suzuki demo ride in nj.

it was great.

very well organized.

i managed a ride on the VeeV2 and the Wee.

first time on vee-twins for me.

very enjoyable bikes.

very enjoyable experience.

thank you suzuki.

i'm convinced.

:hurray:

be well.

rob

·
Until we meet again
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #19

·
Registered
68 Posts
Does Suzuki post these destinations on their site anywhere? I'm sure they rumble through texas but how to know???

1 - 20 of 28 Posts