StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to order one for the stock shock so that with minimum preload it has enough spring for my 210 lbs + riding gear. Then crank in some preload for loaded down riding (wife / luggage / both).

Where should I be looking to order one.......???

·
Premium Member
214 Posts
I met a guy at a Stromtrooper gathering named Jay from adventure power sports who really knows his stuff and works on v-stroms. I didn't replace the rear spring but he helped me set up my stock suspension. He's a great guy and would be a good place to start.

Adventure Power Sports, LLC

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
I've been looking for the same thing. Closest I've found that is just the spring for the stock shock was on touratech-usa.com; however, it is a progressive spring that isn't necessarily designed for a higher load. :|Also, if I recall correctly it was only available in a set for forks and rear, but still not too expensive.

I emailed them about it to find out it was available individually or what the spring rate was and if it was available in different spring rates. Their customer service said it was only available in the one spring rate and that they thought it was typically setup for a 190-220lb rider but wasn't sure.

They suggested ordering a custom shock which they can dial in for your weight and riding style. :|(But that is considerably more expensive).

Not too long before that when I looked not even this option was available, I expect with time more springs will hit the market. :|At least I'm hoping so with my fingers crossed...

·
Premium Member
883 Posts
Off topic question...

When I originally typed my reply above, there was trouble logging in to post it. In order to salvage my efforts arguing with my phone's keyboard (that's yet another story), I copy pasted the text into a Word file so I could save it until later. Once I got onto a more stable network, I copy pasted from the saved file to the "quick reply" box. However, once it posted those three emoticons mysteriously appeared... Any one know why or how they included themselves? And oddly enough right in the middle of the paragraphs.

·
Registered
525 Posts
touratech has some shocks

1 - 6 of 6 Posts