StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the U.S. ... is anybody seeing the 2014 650's at the dealers yet? I've waiting long enough through broken ankle/knee recovery and bad weather I might at well wait until I can get my preferred color.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just started seeing them the last week or so. Local dealer here just got 4 in.

-MO

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I may go around to some dealers tomorrow and look around.

IMS show is the only place so far.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
Went to 4 dealers yesterday, no new ones yet. Seen a few 14's but not the 1000 or 650. Tried to ask one dude but he was busy and a chick didn't know shit.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Just out of curiosity... unless you wanted the 2014 650 in red, why would you go, in some cases, a couple extra thou, when there are new 2013's, and even 2012's available, and the bike's are virtually identical?

When I bought my 2013, I looked for a new 2012 in the color I wanted, and couldn't find one locally... so went with the 2013 (found one in white), knowing the 2014 would be out in a couple of months (which is why I got a great price)...

I'm sure there are reasons... just curious...

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Just out of curiosity... unless you wanted the 2014 650 in red, why would you go, in some cases, a couple extra thou, when there are new 2013's, and even 2012's available, and the bike's are virtually identical?

When I bought my 2013, I looked for a new 2012 in the color I wanted, and couldn't find one locally... so went with the 2013 (found one in white), knowing the 2014 would be out in a couple of months (which is why I got a great price)...

And......the 2014's list for $500.00 more than the 2013

·
Registered
499 Posts

Same here, since the 2013 and 2014 (and 2012 for that matter) are identical (except maybe color options?) I went with a 2013 left over and saved about $1000. I would also recommend looking for a 2013 left over unless they didnt make the color you want in 2013?? I think it was white/blue in 2013 and white/red in 2014?

·
Registered
2 Posts
AFAIK the "A" stands for ABS. I didn't get the adventure model, surely would have been a steal for that much out the door.

I went with the '14 because it just worked out that way for me with the dealer. I had been looking at a '13 at another dealer with $500 more in dealer fees and they also kind of rubbed me the wrong way with their sales tactics. I would have preferred the blue over white, but I'll live. The '14 was a no brainer once I got the costco pricing.

IF I ever sell the thing in 2020 or whatever, I think the average uninformed buyer would assume "2014" is newer and better than "2013" even though they are exactly the same.

·
Registered
773 Posts
is there any real difference between '12, '13 and '14 models?
Just color choice. Otherwise completely identical (at least according to the official Suzuki service manual).
My feeling is, especially if you want new, go for the earliest model that's identical to the newest. You'll get the best price, and give Suzi more of an incentive to tweak and improve, more often.

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I was :headbang: about the red bike too but it's a wine color. :thumbdown:

If it was a blood red Ducati color I'd be more PO'd. But they have increased the price and I'm not sure about the 0% financing anymore so...

I bought some Sunrise Red plastic rattle can paint. Was thinking about rattle canning my DL but still on the fence about doing it. Fox Orange isn't too bad.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Price 2014 650

Hi All,

My first post and new to the forum. I am including my purchase price information because I find such data very useful in the buying process.

I was looking at 2013 Vstrom 650's in the hope that they would trying to clear them out. After a lot of wrangling with nearby, but out of state folks, my local dealer came in with what seems to be a good deal based on posts in this forum.

Here is the breakdown on my Red 2014 650:
Base-7857
Doc-45
Title-15
Tax 474
TOTAL out the door: $8,390.

There is a $600 rebate right now or 0% for 60 months and as little as zero down. This works out to 1.4% APR, so I took the financing. really didn't want to let go of that much cash.

This deal ended up being better than the 2013 I thought I had a good price on. Turns out they had included the $600 rebate in that price.

Oh, BTW, I am a cosco member and they said this was a better price, since the deal only really nets you a $200 card. who knows. I'm happy with the deal.

Greg

1 - 20 of 32 Posts