StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone confirm if parts from the 2014 will work on the 2018? It looks to be mainly the same but I know they made a lot of changes and frame included.

I'm looking at things like luggage mounts, crash guards, center stands, etc.

·
Registered
1,049 Posts
The parts you mentioned (except luggage) are the ones I'll transfer from my '14 to my new '18 model next week and let you know:
- center stand
- Givi crash guards
- Givi rear hugger
- Givi Airflow (AF3105)
- Handlebar risers
- Footpeg Lowering kit (Adventuretech)

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The parts you mentioned (except luggage) are the ones I'll transfer from my '14 to my new '18 model next week and let you know:
- center stand
- Givi crash guards
- Givi rear hugger
- Givi Airflow (AF3105)
- Handlebar risers
- Footpeg Lowering kit (Adventuretech)
Givi just emailed me and told me they dont have any luggage that will work on the 18+ yet which makes no sense because i've seen pictures of them with it mounted.

·
Registered
12 Posts
How do Givi explain this:

[/IMG]

A complete 2018 V-Strom 1000. All Givi accessories.
Yeah, I'm planning 2x48L side cases for my XT next year.
Hope that Kappa will do the same, I wish to have luggage with one producer. But Givi and Kappa is the same.

·
Registered
12 Posts
BTW
Take a look on givi.it and kappamoto.com in my motorcycle section there you can find everything ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hmm.
Thanks for the tip.
First thoughts were that will be for long touring. For everyday 58L top case is all what I need.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hmm.
Thanks for the tip.
First thoughts were that will be for long touring. For everyday 58L top case is all what I need.
That's the setup I am doing as well. 99% of the tiem i'll just have the top case on but for touring the side cases will go on. Happy wife happy life :) she'll be able to fill them up LOL

·
Registered
12 Posts
That's the setup I am doing as well. 99% of the tiem i'll just have the top case on but for touring the side cases will go on. Happy wife happy life :) she'll be able to fill them up LOL
:) how big side cases are that depends of how many thing wife wants to take ;-) especially how big hair dryer is :grin2:

I'm still thinking about side cases. I think that 2x37L + 58L top case will be ok, if not there will be still one thing to take, rollbag 50L or 70L.
My wife has own bike (Kawasaki ER-6F) so most of the luggage will go on mine DL.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
How do Givi explain this:

[/IMG]

A complete 2018 V-Strom 1000. All Givi accessories.
what top case mount did you use? I got the SR3105 and it does not fit. I was able to make it work but the bottom supports cannot be used although I don't think they are needed. The frame has a nut welded to it, I presume previous years did not have it welded as otherwise it would fit. I thought about grinding it off.. but didn't seem like a good idea to take a grinder to a brand new motorcycle haha.

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Givi SR3112 or SRA3112
I bought the wrong one haha, I figured it was the same as the 2014 and just went ahead and ordered it. Wound up wasting 100 bucks on a bar that goes across the bike I cannot use because they welded the nuts on. I just left the bar off and it works fine :)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts