StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Bought a used 2013 V 650 and sent the seat pan to Seat Concepts. Just got it back and put it on. Front of seat seems a bit loose on the bike now (and I'm not sure if it was like that before). When I lift it the front will lift about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Seems the two main plastic hooks on the underside in the front are going where they should, there is just a bit of extra room between them and the metal they hold onto. Is this normal?

Greg

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Hi. Bought a used 2013 V 650 and sent the seat pan to Seat Concepts. Just got it back and put it on. Front of seat seems a bit loose on the bike now (and I'm not sure if it was like that before). When I lift it the front will lift about 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Seems the two main plastic hooks on the underside in the front are going where they should, there is just a bit of extra room between them and the metal they hold onto. Is this normal?

Greg

I sent my seat to Terry Adcox and when I got it back and reinstalled it it was very loose in the front. I feel like if someone wanted it they could just put a little force on it and take it. It definitely wasn't like this before.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Is it possible the plastic L-hooks had some type of rubber on them previously? Something that filled the extra space that seems to be there now? I don't know what else would cause it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes, all the original bumpers are there. I've put some hard foam with adhesive on one side onto the plastic L-hooks. This seems to hold the seat tighter.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts