StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to replace a broke brake lever on a 2013 (L3?) DL650A ABS ...
This is the first model with the newer LCD instrument pod ...

So ... Searched the forum and searched eBay ... Seems to be an ambiguous moving target ... 2013 seems to be a particularly strange animal which MIGHT require some sort of adapter... Very easy to find almost any other year model but 2013 fitment is very elusive ...

OEM Suzuki part is ridiculously expensive .. Any thoughts, alternatives, informed advice ?

Thank you all, in advance, for your consideration.

Stromberger.

·
Registered
340 Posts
Per Partzilla fitment guide, the same lever, 57300-44G12, fits all 650 Stroms '11 thru '17 but the '13. Per Bike Bandit parts fiche, that is also the part number for the '13. Partzilla doesn't even have a parts fiche for the '13, which is not unusual, and probably explains why that year isn't listed in the fitment for that part. It's the same part for all recent Stroms.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Addendum ... UPDATE :

Well, apparently, the part number that Bikehigh posted, above, is for the "NON ABS" version of that part (Brake Lever) ...

My Bad ... I own a 2013 DL650A ABS ADV Adventure (to be explicit).

So ... FTM ... Back to "Square One" . [insert pouty face, here].

·
Registered
340 Posts
Was thinking about the fact you have the Adventure version. You're bike came with what Suzuki calls knuckle guards. The knuckle guards require different pivot bolts, and some extra nuts and washers, which the guards attach to/with. The part number I gave you includes new pivot bolts and nuts that don't support the mounting of the guards. The bolts are likely what's causing your part number dilemma. The levers themselves are identical. There is no difference.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts