StromTrooper banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just bought it on my local cl. Has approx 6200 miles, came with luggage, heated grips and plastic stuff where metal should be (lower cowling, hand guards). Runs great! Eventually I'll want to take it on dirt roads, fire roads, old logging roads, e.t.c., and I'm wondering if anyone makes wire wheels that fit?

Attachments

·
Administrator
16,801 Posts
You can get the OEM spoke wheels, but it's gonna cost you a fortune. Those are some of the strongest cast wheels on any bike, since 2002 wheels like that have been abused and abused on Stroms with great success. Congrats by the way, that bike is barely broken in.

·
Registered
641 Posts
I'm curious as to what's included in the 'Adventure' package? My '12 Wee appears to have all the same accessories (though my windscreen and panniers are Givis).

·
Registered
212 Posts
Congrats
I have same year but white, took my wife and I from Wollongong to Darwin (Australia) and back.
Loaded up no worries, still can not believe how good this bike is.
Dirt roads etc all good with standard rims.
Spend the money updating your suspension, or a good tour.

Harry

·
Premium Member
149 Posts
You can get the OEM spoke wheels, but it's gonna cost you a fortune. Those are some of the strongest cast wheels on any bike, since 2002 wheels like that have been abused and abused on Stroms with great success. Congrats by the way, that bike is barely broken in.
I was thinking of doing the same thing, putting spoke wheels on after I got the bike.....until I started looking at prices. Woody's came out to over $2,100 and factory stuff is even more ridiculous, over $1,100 just for hub and rim. I'll keep the cast wheels on my bike after I get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts