StromTrooper banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know...I know...not the usual resolutions about losing weight or (ahem) drinking less. What are your moto-resolutions?

Mine are (of course) to ride more....but really! I mean it this time!!:biggrinjester: Seriously...I am retiring in August and have all sorts of plans for riding. IBA National Parks Tour and maybe a Bun Burner!?

I think I will start with trying to finish either or both of the Southern California Motorcycle Association Mission Tour and/or Parks Adventure. Those should be a good start! :thumbup:

So....what are your moto-resolutions? Huh? :hurray:

Dave

·
Registered
173 Posts
Resolved...

I've resolved to defend the V-Strom's honor in the five-day version of MERA's 10'n10 event in June. Given decent weather and a little luck, I expect to ride very close to 5,000 miles in five days (then ride home from SLC).

I've also resolved to participate in the April-through-October Tour of Honor.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Resolve to... change your vocabulary?

BluesCruiser / Dave,

If I may, I'd recommend you change the verb from 'retire' to ESCAPE. As to riding resolutions, I'll leave those to you. As to my own, I've resolved not to make resolutions.

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
It will be my second season of riding. I think around around 8000km my first year, I'd like to try and double that :)

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It only get worse, Tenny!! This year 16K...next year ???? :thumbup:

....and WOW...TB! What a great ride! That one is still on my bucket list!

Dave

·
Registered
514 Posts
I would like to ride more this year to work but also some nice weekend rides too.

I would also like to get my '83 GPz 550 working again just for the **** eating grin I get when I ride it. :devil_65:

I have 3 weeks off in July and I'm either riding to Alaska or doing a Rt. 66 to California, up the Pacific Coast Highway and then ride through Denver on the way home to see my niece, her husband and the great niece and great nephew.

·
Registered
926 Posts
I keep resolving to never buy a bike on borrowed money ever again. 2 days in and I already find myself browsing used Bandit 1250's :headbang:

·
Registered
57 Posts
1. Not to spend more on farkles than I spent buying the bike!
2. Listen to my heart more and the issues less on rides.
3. Buy a top quality helmet that fits and is comfortable.
4. Ride the Washington-Oregon-California Coast
5. Say 'yes' to opportunity

There's more but that's the main stuff.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Reaper, sorry for your injury. Either you are exceedingly well hung or you are not quite riding your bike correctly. For me personally, that problem will never crop up.

·
1,323 Posts
I'm resolving to ride the crap out of my '13 650, get fit enough to enjoy longer trips and take some off-road adventures into this fine land we live in.

·
Registered
508 Posts
I would like to ride more this year to work but also some nice weekend rides too.

I would also like to get my '83 GPz 550 working again just for the **** eating grin I get when I ride it. :devil_65:
Riding more is my resolution too.

My first bike was an 81 ltd550. I'd like another.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts