StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What info is out there on projected delivery date for the 2012 DL650 to US dealers? I've seen conflicting dates for the standard model and adventure model - anyone have the inside scoop?

·
Registered
159 Posts
I was told my Orange Standard would be shipped to the Dealer in late December, 2011. I don't think it has arrived yet, because I haven't heard from the Dealer (although they have been closed since Decmber 30th for the New Year's Holiday). Maybe I'll hear from them this week, regarding delivery.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
2012 V-Strom 650 delivery

My dealer called the Suzuki rep 0n 12/13, said my standard would be here late december to early january. I haven't heard anything since.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I talked with my Dealer today. They said my Bike should be in next week. :jawdrop:I hope so.:hurray:

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer said yesterday that there was a computer glich that was not allowing the adv. model, that I ordered four weeks ago, to be shipped. I was told four weeks ago by a Suzuki rep. at the IMS show that the adv. models were in Dallas in a warehouse.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Thanks for all the replies and info. Has the Adventure model been released in any country yet?
I'm waiting to find this out because I would like to see it. I wonder if they will have one at the IMS show. I'm debating on an 11 or 12. 6600 for an 11 with saddle bags isn't bad and it's tempting me to pull the trigger rather than wait for the 12.

·
Registered
90 Posts
My dealer, (the shop owner) called me again today and said that it would be at least a week before the adv. models would be released. Glad I still have my R1200GS that will be finding a new home soon. HB

·
Registered
471 Posts
I went to my Suzuki dealer today,,,,,,,,no 2012's yet.....They were suppose to be there in Dec. Still waiting. :furious:

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, I finally did it and put a deposit down today on a 2012 Wee Adventure and the dealer quoted a February delivery date.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yes and No

I bought an Adventure model here in Canada- it's called the EXP model here, and all 3 trim levels are available in all 3 colors.
The bike is there as of this afternoon but they are waiting for the bags, crashbars, windshield, handguards and the plastic engine guard to be delivered so they can install them. Dealer said that stuff should be here in the next week or so. I'm stoked:thumbup:

Here's the bike without the goodies- I had to just visit it and leave it there for now, sniffle

Attachments

·
Registered
33 Posts
I bought an Adventure model here in Canada- it's called the EXP model here, and all 3 trim levels are available in all 3 colors.
The bike is there as of this afternoon but they are waiting for the bags, crashbars, windshield, handguards and the plastic engine guard to be delivered so they can install them. Dealer said that stuff should be here in the next week or so. I'm stoked:thumbup:

Here's the bike without the goodies- I had to just visit it and leave it there for now, sniffle
I noticed on the Canadian site Suzuki shows the EXP with two different types of bags. The initial pic shows more squared off bags but when you go to the color choices it shows the bikes with different oval bags. Also there is top box. The US site doesn't show a top box at all. Mmmm. :confused:

Interested in knowing what exactly the US version will have on it. I'd like an orange or white Adventure model. I guess you always want what you can't have.

·
Registered
691 Posts
Canadian models

The Canadian website is misleading and needs to be corrected. We have 3 models here...base, SE and EXP. THe SE has the moulded plastic top and side cases. The EXP comes with aluminum Top and Side cases, all top loading, crash bars, hand guards, lower cowl moulding and the Vario windscreen.
In Canada all models come in choice of 3 colours.

Ken

1 - 20 of 67 Posts