StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
sounds rather boring

sounds rather boring - either the bike is boring or the reviewer was not in an upbeat mood that day

·
Registered
556 Posts
Man, looks like the new strom can't go offroad either...

·
Registered
707 Posts
New looks do not make a new bike. I still love mine.

·
Premium Member
660 Posts
Hey the new Bosch ABS cannot be turned off like the old one could. I'll keep my '09.

·
Registered
353 Posts
not enought different

I think I was more curious in the rumors about an 800cc. Some of the improvements tweaks sound good but not enought to interest me to think of parting with my farkled 07 that has many k miles left.

Too bad the two reviews I have seen so far did not involve someone able to compare the old and new models (this guy could not remember and Croatia tester was from a DL1000)

Interesting some engine mods, claimed 13 lbs shaved and and claimed 10% better fuel economy on a pretty economical bike. Wonder about the power improvements; guessing probably minor.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Thanks for posting this - very interesting with nice pix. The bike actually looks really good to me. I will be taking a serious look at these when they come out. My plan is to keep my Wee "forever", but I have a watch list that consists of BMW F800ST, Tiger 800 and new Wee.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Hey the new Bosch ABS cannot be turned off like the old one could. I'll keep my '09.
Ok, I'll bite... Why can't you just pull the fuse like you do on the Wee classic (to disable the ABS)? I mean the new wee's (Bosch as you call it) must have a fuse too... Will the ABS not come back online when you put the fuse back in and cycle the ignition (again like the old wee)? If that's the case, what if you blow the abs fuse on the new Wee?

Richard

·
Registered
23 Posts
I love the new version

The ride on the Gladius is what sold me on the Suzuki V-strom. I was slightly disappointed with the Wee in comparison when I bought one. The engine and mpg improvements are wonderful. Love the more rugged styling. Love the new gauge. If all the aftermarket farkles still attach then I am planning on buying one in the future. Biggest bang for the buck in motorcycles for economical world travel.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Ok, I'll bite... Why can't you just pull the fuse like you do on the Wee classic (to disable the ABS)? I mean the new wee's (Bosch as you call it) must have a fuse too... Will the ABS not come back online when you put the fuse back in and cycle the ignition (again like the old wee)? If that's the case, what if you blow the abs fuse on the new Wee?

Richard
I took it the same way as you Richard. It "can't" be turned off means there just isn't a switch from the factory. You have to be able to disable it one way or another (fuse, rig up a switch, strike it with a rock). If the ABS system fails on it's own you still need to be able to brake the good ol' fashioned way. It would be a lawsuit waiting to happen otherwise.

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
According to the Facebook B-Strom page, someone in France has already taken delivery of 1 white 2012.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
I want a 400 SM , So I could spank it, hehehe. I saw one today and man it looks nice for city duty

Anyways, is the new Wee going to be a girlie, like the Tigers had the girlie years?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Travel for the rear shock has been increased from 5.9 to 6.3 inches

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
The questions I haven't had answered yet are whether the 32 bit ECU is a closed-loop system, and if the alternator putput has been increased.

I believe the DL1000 has had a 32 bit ECU for a number of years? But they also mention oxygen sensors which implies feedback. If it was remappable, that would be very cool.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts