StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
575 Posts
the front end tweaks certainly give it a more modern look, the seat looks good as well.

· $tromtrooper
829 Posts
I like the old style better. The headlights look odd. The rest of the bike looks similar.

· Registered
197 Posts

· Registered
66 Posts
I Like it, but is that a shroud around the tank or are the screws part of the actual tank. shame the oil filter still sits out front like a shag on a rock. smaller lights look great..

· Registered
36 Posts
Facelift

Haven't seen the specs yet, but from the pictures this is just a face lift. The instruments are more modern and seems to include a gear indicator which is nice.

But I was hoping for something 800cc like the competitors have. :thumbdown:

· Registered
1,872 Posts
I don't mind it.

The oil cooler has been moved to somewhere less vulnerable.
Actually. the oil cooler has been replace by a heat exchanger located behind the oil filter... The oil gets cooled now via rad fluid circulating through the exchanger... Oil gets cooled now regardless of whether the bikes moving or not... Great for hot, slow speed trail riding or heavy traffic...:thumbup:

· Registered
1,309 Posts
i'm liking the new look! the new designed front end looks more modern, and hopefully lighter. also i like the gear indicator, wish my 07 had one.

+1 on Errandboy's dislike on the digital speedometer, had a bike in the past with it and i didn't like it.

· Living the Stereotype
11,551 Posts
Digital speedometer... big step in the wrong direction. I just came from a bike with a digital speedo (Aprilia Shiver), my '09 Wee Strom's analog speedometer is way better.
Most overrated gauge on the bike. With a gear selection indicator and analog tach, if you don't know how fast you're going within the error rate of the current speedo, you need more saddle time.

· Registered
522 Posts
In general I like the cleaned up lines and the new dash layout. They moved the coolant reservoir to an easier to reach place. I'm sure the bike will feel "smaller" in person than the current design.

Things they could have done: Cartridge forks with more adjustability and a better shock. This would have added very little in the way of costs and made for a much better bike. Made the tank bigger instead of smaller and make more of it usable.

Big no-no's: The composite rear rack. This is going to be a source for a lot of issues with those that like to ride when it is cold. The added load of a trunk box will make things worse.

Overall, typical Suzuki thinking.

· FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,702 Posts
They moved the coolant reservoir to an easier to reach place.
No they didn't. The thing still requires lifting the fuek tank.

· Registered
47 Posts
It does look like they removed the OIL cooler from the bottom guess that is where part of that 13lbs lighter came from. I still haven't figure if they were trying to make the front end look KLRish or more like the Versys yet keeping the twin lights

· Registered
90 Posts
The real question is, can we get that front fairing and headlights to fit on our bikes? :mrgreen:
I like the look of it a good bit better, never liked the front end of the bike all that much. Though it has grown on me.

· Registered
45 Posts
Most overrated gauge on the bike. With a gear selection indicator and analog tach, if you don't know how fast you're going within the error rate of the current speedo, you need more saddle time.
Ah, so that's my problem! Thanks for the advice, will try to get more saddle time, the Wee is only the 49th motorcycle I've owned over my 55 years of riding... always good to hear from a seasoned expert.

· Registered
197 Posts
Ah, so that's my problem! Thanks for the advice, will try to get more saddle time, the Wee is only the 49th motorcycle I've owned over my 55 years of riding... always good to hear from a seasoned expert.
Talk about fitting your boot in your mouth ... Norman, ouch. 55 years riding. It's a case of IMHO I guess.
I like the gear indicator and the speedometer, digi or not I'll get used to it.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.