StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about the possibility of buying a 2012 Wee. I am wondering about the transfer on the goodies from my 05 to the new bike. Seat? Madstad? Centerstand? Bar backs? ect.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Seat? I doubt it.
Madstad? No.
Centerstand? Highly probable.
Bar backs? Highly probable.

It's a little hard to tell just by the pictures.

·
Registered
5,458 Posts
Excellent question. About all you can do is keep an eye on farklemakers' websites and see if they include the new model on their application lists of current products. This could take a while.

Or be the brave guinea pig who first tries to transfer farkles from his old bike.

If things do not fit it might be some time before farklemakers come out with new designs -- possibly something to keep in mind for potential '12 model buyers.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tough decision, I am just thinking of maybe just getting a White 2011. What do you think the real advantages of a 2012 would be?

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm hoping the side cases will fit, or at least be compatible with Givi/SWM/etc mounts. They look fairly rugged and I like the fact they're top loading. I was going to get Givi E21s but would maybe wait if these new ones work on the old Wees.

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Tough decision, I am just thinking of maybe just getting a White 2011. What do you think the real advantages of a 2012 would be?
For me, I am getting one... The changes are not ground breaking by any long shot... But I really like the new look and subtle refinements... If I hadn't sold my '09 Wee, I would have waited a year or so before getting the new version... Since I am Wee-less :mrgreen:... I am getting the 2012 when it comes out... there abouts, anyway. That means the Versys will have to go...

I guess you will have to decide for yourself... Price may aid your decision somewhat as the 2012 will surely be more than the discounted 2011s...

Richard

·
Registered
256 Posts
I am sticking with my 2006 V-Strom for now, but if my bike was struck by lightening I personally would hold on to the insurance check and wait for the 2012 model rather than buy the 2011 White. (ABS is a given since it is what I want for my next bike but not an issue for 2011 v. 2012)

Reason generally is that I just like the new design visually a lot more and all of the article suggest modest enhancements that retain the reliable function of the bike we all enjoy. I also like the new controls and display. Not sure yet how much difference the 32-bit ECU or the different feel of the gearing that articles have noted.

Of course if I didn't have one daughter in college and another soon to start I might be looking more seriously at some other bike but I am not sure I would replace my 2006 with a 2011 even if lightening did strike.

·
Registered
15,417 Posts
Wouldn't yah know it, I finally get a 2004 Wee and they have to come out with a new one. So, fagitaboutit! I've got mine farked out for the way I ride and I ain't gonna splurge on what will not be that much different a bike. Dang Corporate ding-dings!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to know about the new bikes electrical system. Will Wee have more juice available to run goodies. Thus far I have not seen anything on the specs with this information.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As I look at the new bike I have in the back of my mind that I ran my 05 1380 miles last weekend down to WV and around the mountains. The old girl ran like stink & no oil usage at a little over 54K.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
I would like to know about the new bikes electrical system. Will Wee have more juice available to run goodies. Thus far I have not seen anything on the specs with this information.
Think this through.
You are asking totally stupid questions from this audience. Not one single person on this board has any more information about the new bike than you have. How is anybody here supposed to be able to answer such detailed questions?

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Think this through.
You are asking totally stupid questions from this audience. Not one single person on this board has any more information about the new bike than you have. How is anybody here supposed to be able to answer such detailed questions?
Geez K1W1, give the poor guy a break... new info comes out pretty much every on the new Wee... Maybe someone has the scoop... At any rate he is asking a question that most of us here want to know the answer to as well....

·
Registered
759 Posts
K1W1,

Let me first say 'thank you' for helping maintain this site and doing all the behind-the-scene janitorial duties associated with it's upkeep. I enjoy coming to this website and it has proved very valuable to me, and others I'm sure.

However, an evil type of cloud has come over it of late. A mean spirited and intolerable type of attitude is starting to become the norm around here it seems.

It's not enough to flame out "did-you-use-the-search-tool"... Now we're flat out saying "you-are-asking-stupid-questions". Please don't take my comments negative, I really do enjoy the site and all the chatter. But dang, there has been a good bit of crudeness going around lately.

We come to this site with a common shared interest... the Suzuki V-Strom. Lets play nice. Pretend if you have too. :thumbup:

·
$tromtrooper
845 Posts
K1W1,

Let me first say 'thank you' for helping maintain this site and doing all the behind-the-scene janitorial duties associated with it's upkeep. I enjoy coming to this website and it has proved very valuable to me, and others I'm sure.

However, an evil type of cloud has come over it of late. A mean spirited and intolerable type of attitude is starting to become the norm around here it seems.

It's not enough to flame out "did-you-use-the-search-tool"... Now we're flat out saying "you-are-asking-stupid-questions". Please don't take my comments negative, I really do enjoy the site and all the chatter. But dang, there has been a good bit of crudeness going around lately.

We come to this site with a common shared interest... the Suzuki V-Strom. Lets play nice. Pretend if you have too. :thumbup:
Very well said. I have noticed this as well and have had other members PM me about topics they felt uncomfortable to post. Do as your parents taught, keep it to yourself unless you have something nice to say.

Now back to the question. From the pictures I've seen my guess would be that most items that bolt to the frame should work but anything above it (seat, windscreen, etc) probably won't.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Think this through.
I opened the question as "I would like to know" not does anyone know. This is a General discussion board not Jeopardy. Chill Out Tiger

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very well said. I have noticed this as well and have had other members PM me about topics they felt uncomfortable to post. Do as your parents taught, keep it to yourself unless you have something nice to say.

Now back to the question. From the pictures I've seen my guess would be that most items that bolt to the frame should work but anything above it (seat, windscreen, etc) probably won't.
+1 on this. I have a new Wee owner asking me if I would ask a question due to his getting he ass kicked the last time he did ask a question. I asked a question for him about a stock shock. I could not answer due to me never owning one. So yes some members are terrorizing other members.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts