StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i like cruisin at 80mph but for now i find my new wee a little tight and buzzy around 6000rpms. wil it get smoother as the miles add up and the breakin is completed. thanks

·
Registered
2,296 Posts
I doubt it. May get worse actually. I put some rubber washers between the frame and footpeg mounts. It helped a little bit. Smaller displacement compared to the 1000 makes it a bit buzzier.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I have about 2k on my '12 NewStrom and it buzzez a bit at 4500 rpm. Smooth above and below. In top gear it's about 65 mph. Don't have to look at the speedo. Also reminds me when to shift !

·
Premium Member
4,198 Posts
I log all fuel use. On my 09 mpg improved steadily for the first 7,000 miles, so that's what I consider the break in.

Try taking your bags off - they are quite wide on that model and reducing the drag and corresponding smaller throttle setting may help.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
The buzzing is caused by the engine guards. Putting a rubber shim between the joint on the bars in front of the engine is the usual fix.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
What greywolf said. Read more about it here,

http://www.stromtrooper.com/dl650-2012/74128-crash-bars-vibrations.html

Mine was butter-smooth everywhere, then I installed the OEM crashbars, and I got vibes in the handlebars at 4500-4900, and again around 6000, but more so in the footpegs at 6K. Putting some rubber between the attach points in the middle helped quite a bit, and according to others soon as I get me a third mounting point (new skid plate) to attach to the bars it will be gone. If not I need a skid plate anyway.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I gotta say I don't have any crash bars and I don't personally find the ride buzzy all the way up to 7k.

But your experience will be different than mine. For instance - I come from a Ninja 250. 9K RPMs at 80. That's buzzy!

·
Living the Stereotype
11,543 Posts

·
Administrator
17,100 Posts
Engine will smooth out, make sure your chain is properly adjusted, make sure everything is good and tight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts