StromTrooper banner

2012 VStrom recall info

Tags
glee recall
3K views 18 replies 6 participants last post by  Sconde 
#1 ·
I posted this on the main wee thread but here it is again.

Transport Canada posted info on the recall of 185 Canadian units. The fix involves replacing the front brake brakelight switch.

Road Safety Recalls Database

#2 ·
??? Mine too ???

This might be a daft question but I will ask it anyways. How do we know if our bikes are the ones affected. I bought my '12 wee a few weeks ago from a local dealer, would thy have performed this work before the sale?

#3 ·
This might be a daft question but I will ask it anyways. How do we know if our bikes are the ones affected. I bought my '12 wee a few weeks ago from a local dealer, would thy have performed this work before the sale?
It was a word wide recall of early models only. The brake switch problem would have been handled already.

#8 ·
I feel like a little kid before Christmas... wont sleep much until I get it home!

I know exactly how you feel, I was in your position exactly two weeks ago! I had a lousy sleep the night before I picked my Glee up, and an even worse sleep the next night because I was plotting my 2nd, 3rd, and fourth rides on it.

Enjoy Forest Cop:hurray:

#9 ·
I pick-up my new 2012 Wee on Saturday. I'll be sure to ask about the recall.

I feel like a little kid before Christmas... wont sleep much until I get it home!
It's like Christmas at Easter time every year for me. It's the same DL, but I itch just like that kid, every year now for the past four. I get to unwrap it again! Now, go away White Christmas, I wanna ride.

#7 · (Edited)
Your bike would definately not have been affected unless it was a used bike manufactured at end of 2011. The recall was for the early first batch of 2012 models and these were sold quickly, many were already pre-ordered.
Nice country up there although very much in the snow belt. I spent many summers at a cottage on silver birch beach just beyond Thunder bay.
Ken

#11 · (Edited)
I don't see the vin range.. can someone point me to it please?
Model DL650AL2 - Vin JS1C7111200100001- JS1C7111200100209 in Australia. I looked again and couldn't find a VIN list in North America.

#13 ·
Ooops! I went back to the site I checked. It was for Australia.

#15 ·
I didn't realize this was in the Canadian forum until just now.

#18 ·
My bike is less than 10 over the top number.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.