StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dealer (suzuki springwood) just called. 2012 Vstrom is released officially yesterday. They now have 2 in the showroom - one fox orange (?) one pearl white. Demo model is not due until next week.

Recommend Retail Ride Away Price is $11,900 for Queenslanders - "nudge, nudge!!" this should translate to a ride-away price of $10,500 or less.

:hurray::hurray: I booked a test ride for when it comes in next week and see what the fuss is all about.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Had a Look at it at Springwood Suzuki (orange)
Smaller tank 20L
Motor is from the Gladius and as such has some very peculiar hoses (radiator/ oil) hanging in the breeze braking side. They would last 2 minutes in the scrub - bad design
Dash is modern and all the bells and whistles.
seat is a redesign but seems comfortable.
feel lighter but isn't - just narrower.
evolving but the hoses my Goodness that is a bad mistake on an adventure /tourer.
Still no protection for the oil filter/ pipes

·
Registered
875 Posts
Maybe because it's a street bike and is ridden as such by 98% of owners according to Suzuki's own internal research.

Looking forward to checking it out.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Those hoses are rubber drain/overflow lines. Beat them on rocks and brush all day and nothing bad will happen. Cut them off and some bike parts will get a little wet is all. Oil is not involved unless the water pump seal goes bad. It's only coolant overflow, water or fuel from the gas cap well in rain or on overfill, and sometimes the fuel tank vent which is one way in. V-Stroms have had those hoses, some since 2002, and I have yet to see one problem caused by rocks or brush.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Finally, I wonder when Melbourne will get em, I'm just hoping the 2012 will be a little narrower (smaller) then the 2011, I really like the Aprilia Pegaso Trail but want the reliability from the Suzuki.

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Best I go and check my local dealer. My wife keeps telling me to buy a 1000 to replace the 650 and the XJR1300.

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
Now is the time to get a 2011,on road under 10 large,b for b the best motorcycle on the planet,if it isn't I'm open to what is-:yesnod:

·
Registered
1,816 Posts
2012 looks better and it won't be THAT much more.
Ah choochee you are going down the "hit with the ugly stick road",all the mag reports on the DL650 end with great bike but shit it's ugly,well suzie have gone pretty lets hope same great bike--doesn't worry me I have a very ugly dog :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Ah choochee you are going down the "hit with the ugly stick road",all the mag reports on the DL650 end with great bike but shit it's ugly,well suzie have gone pretty lets hope same great bike--doesn't worry me I have a very ugly dog :biggrinjester:
Well I love the Pegaso Trail, sexy bike and great to ride, but reliability is terrible and parts are costly, now I've learned to balance things, luckily the 2012 is around the corner, it's still a heavier bike though but hopefully it's narrower.

Ugly dog? a pug? >>;]

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
Best I go and check my local dealer. My wife keeps telling me to buy a 1000 to replace the 650 and the XJR1300.
The 2012 1000 is identical to the 2011 1000 and the 2010 1000 and the 2009 1000 and the 2008 1000 and the 2007 1000, way back to 2005 ish,

·
Registered
471 Posts
The 2012 1000 is identical to the 2011 1000 and the 2010 1000 and the 2009 1000 and the 2008 1000 and the 2007 1000, way back to 2005 ish,
You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm just happy that they are bringing the DL1K back to the USA for 2012. That way if I ever wear my '04 out there will be some more recent examples to snap up.

·
Super Moderator
4,605 Posts
Hmm. Not sure if that's the way to go, then.

·
Premium Member
15,739 Posts
You say that like it's a bad thing. I'm just happy that they are bringing the DL1K back to the USA for 2012. That way if I ever wear my '04 out there will be some more recent examples to snap up.
I was referring to a previous post where the poster apparently did not know that the 1000 was unchanged. We have had 1000's here continuously unlike the USA.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Can somebody who is close to a dealer please measure the front fork diameter?
There have been conflicting reports regarding the fork size,if they have made them thicker then maybe a fork brace will no longer be required.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Rang PS R, they reckon Nov 8 with a $10,800 price so close to $12k ride away:thumbdown:. I love how you ring dealers, leave a message to call you back yet they never do. Perhaps it's a choir to sell a bike?

·
Registered
459 Posts
I've got a K9 650A which I'd intended trading in on the new model in January when the warranty expires. I bought a 1250S Bandit about 2 months back and now after 5000km on it I'm seriously thinking of trading the Bandit on the new Wee and turning the K9 into a Glitch-style dirt bike. The Bandit is a lovely bike, but the Wee is much more fun.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
]Well I love the Pegaso Trail, sexy bike and great to ride, but reliability is terrible ...

Strange that.... with the engines being straight Yamaha XT660 donks which come from the same production line in Europe as the engines for the XT660 X/R series and the Tenere660.
And there doesn't seem to be much wrong with those regarding reliability.

So...do the wheels keep falling off the Pegasos or is this yet another "I've seen it on the net, so it's an epidemic" thing?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Can somebody who is close to a dealer please measure the front fork diameter?
There have been conflicting reports regarding the fork size,if they have made them thicker then maybe a fork brace will no longer be required.
All years have 43mm fork tubes. A fork brace will help the front end from twisting.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts