StromTrooper banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I picked up my 2012 V-Strom yesterday! :thumbup: Came home hoping to install the Hepco & Becker side cases and top box that I had ordered and received a few weeks ago. While everyone on this site realizes that Suzuki made some changes to the 2012 V-Strom it seems that Hepco & Becker never got the word. :headbang: For starters the top rack system and turn signal mountings are different. Needless to say neither the side cases or the top box can be installed with the mounting systems provided by Hepco & Becker. I had specifically stated when I ordered that these were to be mounted on a 2012. Went to the German Hepco & Becker site and there is nothing about anything different for a 2012 model. Will contact Capital Cycles tomorrow and find out what to do. Just wanted to let folks know about this. Does anyone who is familar with both the 2011 and 2012 V-Strom know if the mounting holes for the top rack are the same? Could a top rack made for a 2011 V-Strom fit on a 2012 model? If so that would allow me to use the Hepc & Becker top box mounting rack. I know that SW-MOTECH makes a side case rack system for the 2012 V-Strom and has adapters for Hepco & Becker side cases.

·
Registered
308 Posts
I have my own home made soft luggage frame for the rear. I made it for my 2004. It bolted through the holes in the Vstrom rack. It didn't fit my 2012, I had to redrill some holes.

·
Registered
5,619 Posts
I think it's taking manufacturers a while to catch up with the new design. I'm waiting on Givi to ship their products to the US, their website says 1Q 2012. I've been waiting for the plx3101 side bag hardware for the v35's, and their new top box. Available pre-order only right now.

·
Registered
323 Posts
2012 strom

The rear seatrail on the 2012 has been shortend from 702.1mm to 698.5mm a difference of 3.6mm this should mean that the racks to hold the bags would also hame to be shortened .... you may want to check with a dealer to see if he has any older rear rails around as many have been removed ,if you would just like to see if one would bolt on... :thumbup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts