StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man I really hate to start another 2012 thread, but what the hell. For those of you who haven't done it yet, go here,

Motorcycle Ergonomics

and lay the new over the old and slowly scroll the mouse wheel.

I didn't realize how much better the new looks than the old especially from the tank forward I like the new fairing or lack of, and I like how the nose is flatter and moved rearward, maybe this will help with the turbulence. You can also see the exhaust shape and angle change, oil cooler disappear, seat and tank reshape. Pretty cool site.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Wow!

That is a pretty neet website!

·
Registered
524 Posts
Very nice find! You can really see how they stripped a lot of the bodywork off the old model. The 2012 looks pretty sweet, when you see it this way.

·
Registered
177 Posts
I dunno - the new model is taller which wouldn't help my stubby legs any. And where did they put the oil cooler anyway? A longer wheelbase should help. I'm sure the suspension has been helped a good bit - and ABS as standard is real plus. Also selfishly glad they stuck with the 650cc motor - keeps the cost down and fuel mileage up with a perfectly good design.

Istill, it'll be a long while before I get one as my '07 is still so sweet and young...

·
Registered
7,442 Posts
Someone previously posted that the new oil cooler is coolant-cooled (not air cooled) in the oil filter base.

·
Registered
117 Posts
That's fun! I can magically change my red bike into a new orange one.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks - this will keep a lot of us entertained for hours!

·
Registered
179 Posts
Thanks, great link! I see the new Wee is taller which may challenge my 30" inseam. Fun comparing bikes though. The Honda 700 TransAlp looks interesting.

Earl

1 - 13 of 13 Posts