StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I notice Suzuki has brought out the Vee again for '12. Other than color, is there anything new for '12? Like any gearing changes or the like?

·
Premium Member
335 Posts
Bold new colors, that's it:thumbup:

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
There's an "Adventure" package that add side and top cases for about $1k.

No need to improve on perfection...there's something to be said about a well proven model.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I would love to have an excuse to buy the 2012 Model but my 05 is pretty dang near perfect. I do really like the 2012 Wee, that just may happen.

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
I had a look at the 2012 Wee at the bike show. Updated lines on it. I would go for one of those with ABS. Looks great.

It was funny when i looked at the 2012 Vee i thought it looked bigger than my 04 1K, but of course its exactly the same. I guess my eyes were being affected by all the tiny sportbikes everywhere.

Maybe i should sell my 04 and get a 2012 Wee.. hmm. Wonder what that would end up costing me. Wife would have a bird naturally.

·
Registered
78 Posts
2012 Wee is great

So, my buddy Jon, a fellow stromtrooper, picked up his new 2012 DL650 ABS this afternoon. He swung by my house this evening. I will be selling the DL1000 and buying a 2012 wee. It was amazing and I absolutely feel in love with the with the fox orange.
Must..... Buy.... Wee!:yesnod:

·
Registered
78 Posts
I chickened out. Well, that's not fair to my 04 DL1000, I didn't chicken out of buying the wee so much as the DL1000 is just so great. Couldn't make myself spend the cash when I have such a great bike...

·
Registered
133 Posts
That's the ticket, picked up an 06 Wee in Oct, was debating wee or vee, not unhappy that I grabbed the Wee was going to grab whatever good deal came first, with that said I had a Concours (03) which I beleive was the perfect bike, It went on many a forest roads some really bad ones, happy with the Wee, but will always miss my Concours. The 12 Wee is really sweet, I think, I have not seen one in person yet.....

I chickened out. Well, that's not fair to my 04 DL1000, I didn't chicken out of buying the wee so much as the DL1000 is just so great. Couldn't make myself spend the cash when I have such a great bike...

·
Registered
118 Posts
Some disagree but I like the big fat tank up top. Saw a red 1000 at the Progressive show (my 05 wee is red) and fell in love again. Next to it was an orange Wee and while I like some of the new styling (instrument panel, seat stitching, new lines, 2 toned tank) I thought it looked small. That said I love the look of the '12 Wee in white.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
If Suzuki rolls out a 1K version of the 2012 Wee next year, I'm buying a new bike. I love the new Wee styling and features; putting all that together with the big engine would be a dream bike for me.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My local dealer has 2 2012 vee's and a wee sitting side by side. What a sight! The vee is just a machine! The wee kind of looks "Tigeresque". Very tough looking. I fell in love with the new wee. Hate to say it but i kind of with the vee would make the change as well. Just needs ABS.
IMHO

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
My local dealer has 2 2012 vee's and a wee sitting side by side. What a sight! The vee is just a machine! The wee kind of looks "Tigeresque". Very tough looking. I fell in love with the new wee. Hate to say it but i kind of with the vee would make the change as well. Just needs ABS.
IMHO
What is the location of that shop? I will be down that way next week and would like to have a look. They won't be getting any at the shop a mile from my house until almost March-- and then only 1 Wee.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I installed a PC 111 today, the 2012 Wee doesn't stand a chance at my cash now. The DL1000 is much better under 3K rpm now! Get bike.:hurray:

·
Registered
80 Posts

Went to the local Zuke dealer yesterday and saw a red '12 DL1000 looks just like my 10 year old blue bomber.. I went on line and see they offer an Adventure model. If they put the same paniers and engine accessory bars on the 1000 that are on the 650 I'd be all in.. Maybe next year....

·
Premium Member
4,305 Posts
The Wee got a new engine. What engine would they put into a 2013 Vee? Something without chudder issues hopefully. Or maybe they could just fix that and keep the engine as is.

·
Registered
294 Posts
I was checking out the 2012 version in straight red at the local dealer yesterday. Other than color it's a dead ringer for my '06, at least before I started giving my Vee some love.

I really hope Suzuki gives the Vee some love soon. I really like my bike but I've ridden some newer bikes (Super Tenere, Tiger 800XC, GSA, etc.) and I am realistic in that it could use some updates to compete with the current crop of ADV bikes. It was a dang good design to last as long as it did (what ~10 yrs now?), without any major changes.

But I think if Suzuki expects to sell this into the future they will need some updates, better suspension, brakes, hopefully no chudder and a great FI map off the floor, and maybe a better windscreen/aerodynamics? I think they could also offer it with 17/43 gearing which would at least put the gearing in the usable range for most. I believe they could make these changes with little effort using parts they already have for other bikes in their lineup. The brakes would be a slam dunk, and some nice stiff USD forks are probably not so hard either. I could live with the rear shock as is if need be.

I think the bike still has great potential to be competitive if given some updates. Ya the price might be a little bit higher but you'd end up spending that to farkle the bike into shape also. I sure hope they fixed the mapping, having to buy a Power Commander right off the bat should not be required these days.

I'd like to see an Adventure version with top loading cases, crash bars and skid plate for ~$1k extra.

I think they should offer ABS as an option for those who want it.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have the 2012 Vee and just started to break it in. What I now know is the Chudder is still there. I also know it matches my friends k8 Vee to a tee. So far I have put on the OEM center stand and a 16 tooth primary. The gear change has pronounced the Chudder big time. :furious: Now I will have to spend money to fix this issue.:jawdrop:

·
Registered
151 Posts
I think that it's great that Suzuki is importing them again. I hope they sell feel enough to be continued, never mind improved. With the huge increase in the number o a venture-type bikes that have come available from many manufactures lately, I should hunk that the Vee should do well enough this time out to get some upgrades. Sadly, I think that the Wee has pretty much taken over as Suzuki's warrior in this niche.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I bought my Vee at the end of Jan. in Boulder, CO; Only have 350 miles, too much snow and high winds the last few weeks to do much riding. Added the OEM center stand and a luggage rack and back rest from my ST1100. I am deciding on aluminum panniers from Happy Trails now, along with about 1/2 dozen other up grades to make the 10,000 mile round-trip, Arctic Circle ride this July a little more tolerable. $9400 for the bike, including the c-stand. Plus the freight, prep, doc fees & tax. I think the Vee is a good bike for the value compared with other liter+ adventure bikes.

Tom
Golden, CO
2012 Vee
06 KLR 650
98 ST1100 ( for sale)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts