StromTrooper banner
61 - 80 of 110 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Get him! I am so glad you found the guy. You will never get the bike back in the same condition.
I do not understand stealing a bike or car. You can not register or insure it? You could part it out but this group is so small. The value of the parts...is it worth the work? Then not to mention getting caught. I hope this has an happy ending.
Yeah if he hasn't already unloaded it. Good news Big Boy, I really hope you can get the scoot back and put this ass in jail.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
Unfortunately, nothing to report yet (n)

BTW Pecker Head describes that guy perfectly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: duncang011

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sorry to hear about this Big Boy. Saw your add when you fist posted, but never kept up with whats happened.

Just read the whole thread. I am on XS650,com a lot so i just posted up a link to this thread as a warning for others to look out for the possibility the same guy will do to others what he has done to you.........This isn't his first rodeo and will do it again......

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
I'm trying my best to make sure he thinks twice before trying this again!!!

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
I just saw this and sorry to hear.

Have you checked you homeowners to see if they cover anything? If and when they catch the guy its likely the bike is either parted or not in the same condition as when he stole it. Its not likely he's going to have cash to pay you back and will be ordered to make restitution in whatever amount he can afford. As long as he's paying a few dollars a month he's making a effort and the courts will leave him alone.

I had a truck stolen and recovered. Fortunately i had full coverage. Unfortunately it was recovered. I hated that truck the second I got it back. The six (6) 13 years old's that stole it had to pay restitution of a couple thousand dollars for stuff not covered by insurance. If they did not pay it back the worst that could happed is they could not get their drivers license until they were 18. It took most of them 4 or 5 years to make good. We get a check for $5.37 the next month $29.15 and on and on.

The victim continues to be victimized long after the court system is done.

I hope this ends up with you coming out ahead somehow.

Good luck!

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
Sounds like you've been there, done that, and got the T Shirt.

My goal at this point is to catch him, jail him, and make him stand in front of a judge!
A bonus would be to have him spend time in jail.
Having him on a legal tether would also be great. (y)

Reactions: Paddle

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Sounds like you've been there, done that, and got the T Shirt.

My goal at this point is to catch him, jail him, and make him stand in front of a judge!
A bonus would be to have him spend time in jail.
Having him on a legal tether would also be great. (y)
The jail thing is a double edge sword. While he's there he cannot earn to pay you back and unlikely he'll be rehabilitated. Your tax dollars are spent on feeding, housing, medical attention and recreating while he's incarcerated at a rate of around $120,000 per year rate. You lose, all the taxpayers lose he is inconvenienced for a time.

It would be nice if there were alternatives like if he cannot imeadietly repay his debt he pays his debt in fingers say at $2,500 per minus medical costs for the severing. Also they would not ever be eligible for disability or unemployment compensation/benefits for their newly lightened hand(s)

·
Registered
'15 FJR1300A
16 Posts
The jail thing is a double edge sword. While he's there he cannot earn to pay you back and unlikely he'll be rehabilitated. Your tax dollars are spent on feeding, housing, medical attention and recreating while he's incarcerated at a rate of around $120,000 per year rate. You lose, all the taxpayers lose he is inconvenienced for a time.

It would be nice if there were alternatives like if he cannot imeadietly repay his debt he pays his debt in fingers say at $2,500 per minus medical costs for the severing. Also they would not ever be eligible for disability or unemployment compensation/benefits for their newly lightened hand(s)
I prefer stump hanging for thieves.

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 · (Edited)
Here's the latest email from the Detective investigating the V Strom theft.

"Mr. Loftin,
I was able to identify him this morning. His real name is not Dakota Boyd. I have a few addresses I found for him in both North and South Carolina. I’m gonna ride out and try and locate him and hopefully your bike."

BTW - This is a pic of the Lowlife A$$hole Thief. He was dumb enough to post his pic on his Facebook page. Many Thanks to duncang011 for finding him on FB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
165 Posts
Sounds like things are moving along. And detective is riding out to locate him.
They will probably find some other questionable actions he's done in his life.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts
Wow, I just saw this Big Boy! The only reason I saw it was that I'm getting ready to list my 2012 Dl1000 Adv. and was looking thru this section for pricing. I don't know this kid but i'll ask around. I know a retired bail bonds man that is fluent in finding folks. Good luck and If I see or hear anything I'll surely contact you.

Reactions: Big Boy

·
Registered
2020 1290 Adventure S
352 Posts
Wow, I just saw this Big Boy! The only reason I saw it was that I'm getting ready to list my 2012 Dl1000 Adv. and was looking thru this section for pricing. I don't know this kid but i'll ask around. I know a retired bail bonds man that is fluent in finding folks. Good luck and If I see or hear anything I'll surely contact you.

I just my 2012 for $2500. But it did have a few miles on it.

·
Registered
1,800 Posts

·
Registered
2,180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #79 ·
PROGRESS - I just received this email from Detective Kell.

Mr. Loftin,
The offender’s name is Eric Lee. He currently has three outstanding warrants for similar charges. He is floating between North and South Carolina. I wasn’t’ able to find him last week. I obtained a felony warrant for his arrest this morning and will be turning the case over to our warrant squad so that they can begin hunting him.
-Kell

Here's the email I sent Det. Kell

Detective Kell,
Many Thanks for all your efforts!!! And your efforts have paid off big time! Please let me know if I need to do anything. I'm here to help in any way possible.
Best Regards,
Harry

Since the 'dick wad' has done this type of things before and has 3 other outstanding warrants, I'm not holding out too much hope to get the V back. HOWEVER, since he now has a Felony Warrant to his name, I can only hope that he's up for some serious jail time!!! And that his jail name becomes BOHICA. I'll make sure to appear at all his court dates.

·
Registered
4,496 Posts
PROGRESS - I just received this email from Detective Kell.

Mr. Loftin,
The offender’s name is Eric Lee. He currently has three outstanding warrants for similar charges. He is floating between North and South Carolina. I wasn’t’ able to find him last week. I obtained a felony warrant for his arrest this morning and will be turning the case over to our warrant squad so that they can begin hunting him.
-Kell

Here's the email I sent Det. Kell

Detective Kell,
Many Thanks for all your efforts!!! And your efforts have paid off big time! Please let me know if I need to do anything. I'm here to help in any way possible.
Best Regards,
Harry

Since the 'dick wad' has done this type of things before and has 3 other outstanding warrants, I'm not holding out too much hope to get the V back. HOWEVER, since he now has a Felony Warrant to his name, I can only hope that he's up for some serious jail time!!! And that his jail name becomes BOHICA. I'll make sure to appear at all his court dates.
He will do time in Union County, their prosecutorial team is much less tolerant than Meck is of this stuff. Glad they are getting it wrapped up.

61 - 80 of 110 Posts