StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 152 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shopping for a top case / box for my new to come DL2. Looking for one that can hold a fullface helmet and that look nice on the bike. I was thinking of :

1- hepco becker Journey 42L
2- hepco becker black Gobi 42L
3- traxx black alu 38L
4- givi trekker

Any other suggestions? Thanks for sharing your pics!

·
Registered
875 Posts
The gold standard for tail boxes on the "old" wee was the Givi V46. I expect the same for the new wee. The exception would be for people that like the Long way Down look, something aluminish that you could cook a meal in or survive an elephant attack. Personally I have the V46 and love it. There is a thread here somewhere that shows the new mounting plate for the monokey Givi tail boxes for the 2012 but that's as close as I've seen to a picture.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I've been checking out eBay for some low-cost (e.g., cheap) options, and boy, there are quite a few that are available. I'm spending way too much on other farkles so I need to go with budget gear when it comes to luggage.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just ordered the S50 astro coocase, its a 47L case almost like the givi but its a little more inexpensive since it comes with a plate fitting the 2012 DL edition. Not sure of the quality compared to the givi but if I dont like it I will ship it back. On the plus side it does have the liner, remote control, parking and brake lights .

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
Just ordered the S50 astro coocase, its a 47L case almost like the givi but its a little more inexpensive since it comes with a plate fitting the 2012 DL edition. Not sure of the quality compared to the givi but if I dont like it I will ship it back. On the plus side it does have the liner, remote control, parking and brake lights .
I had a CooCase before... the quality is top notch... So if they haven't changed any in the last few years, I would say eqaul or better than the Givi...

·
Registered
342 Posts
Not the greatest pics, but here is the Bestem T-929 box (46L capacity) on my DL650AL2:

With the box open to show its contents: a FF helmet, overpants folded up and riding gloves:

I test packed the box for the most I'd ever want to jam in there: my mesh riding jacket, mesh overpants and boots. It all fit. So in the summer I can strip down into just a t-shirt and sneakers (maybe even shorts) when I get off the bike. (In that scenario, I'd lock my helmet to the luggage rack.)

·
Registered
15 Posts
What adapter did you get or did you make something. I'm having trouble finding an adapter to go between the DL2'S rear rack and my Givi Monokey or Monolock adapter plates. Twisted Throttle(SW Motech) doesn't make the "alu-rack" for the DL2'S, just a steel plate that is no longer compatible with my "quick-release" quarter-turn adapters.:headbang:

·
Registered
189 Posts
Very Nice Guys!....although, I hesitate to say, the red and the copper colors clash pretty badly... what 'bout somehow changing the red to copper on the trunks? just a thot...

--John

·
Registered
342 Posts
Very Nice Guys!....although, I hesitate to say, the red and the copper colors clash pretty badly... what 'bout somehow changing the red to copper on the trunks? just a thot...

--John
I put some orange reflective tape inside the lines of the backrest of the Bestem case, but you're right, the non-brake-light back of the case that's red could stand a color change. I'll come back with pics of my idea if it pans out in about 2 weeks...

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
SW-Motech Alu-Rack

What adapter did you get or did you make something. I'm having trouble finding an adapter to go between the DL2'S rear rack and my Givi Monokey or Monolock adapter plates. Twisted Throttle(SW Motech) doesn't make the "alu-rack" for the DL2'S, just a steel plate that is no longer compatible with my "quick-release" quarter-turn adapters.:headbang:
SW-Motech makes an Alu-Rack for the '12, its been on the company website for months. Its not being imported into the USA yet. Three or four months ago Twisted Throttle told me it would be here eventually, they didn't know when.
ALU-RACK. Black. SUZUKI DL 650 (11-). - ALU-RACK. Black. SUZUKI DL 650 (11-). - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION

·
Registered
180 Posts
SW-Motech makes an Alu-Rack for the '12, its been on the company website for months. Its not being imported into the USA yet. Three or four months ago Twisted Throttle told me it would be here eventually, they didn't know when.
ALU-RACK. Black. SUZUKI DL 650 (11-). - ALU-RACK. Black. SUZUKI DL 650 (11-). - SW-MOTECH & BAGS-CONNECTION
My (just-acquired) adventure model has this. And it seems like Motech's supply problems are intimately related to the Adventure model's late and trickle-slow delivery.

·
Registered
4,709 Posts
that B47 looks great.. need more info..mounting bracket, $$, etc.
very modern looking for the 2012.
It's brand new, been in Europe for a little while, dealers here are just now taking delivery. It has some faux carbon fiber trim on it, and the new latch system, open with the push of a button, pull the key, and push it down like a car trunk and it locks. I drilled a couple holes in the resin luggage rack to fit the mounting plate (included) , but it is monolock, not monokey. $270 delivered in a few days, fedex.

Givi B47 Monolock, B33 Monolock and B33 Monokey Top Cases - YouTube

·
Registered
15 Posts
Thanks for that info Tony! I called Twisted Throttle 3 different times and talked to different people each time(even a Tech), and they all said the Alu-Rack was not available for this bike(2012), because they had changed the design to the steel top plate and the 3-quarter turn quik-release Alu-Rack was no longer made and had been changed to the steel plate with no quik-release setup. I thought it was strange, and i use/have Both monokey AND monolock cases with the adapter plates. They all told me I had to choose monokey OR monolock and bolt it on-no quik-release! I think I'll hold out a while and see if they change back with the alu-rack. thanks,again.:confused:

·
Registered
305 Posts
I run a soft bag on my bike, with a custom made metal mounting frame. I designed the frame to rake backwards and make a comfortable backrest for the pillion. The steel rack under the bag also comes to the sides and creates protection for the rear indicators.

I use the Rjays explorer bag. It is good because it starts at 47L in capacity, but has expanding zips which take it out to 82L

1 - 20 of 152 Posts