StromTrooper banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I ride down here in Florida, it's often above ninety degrees. I get heat coming off the engine out of the triangle opening in the frame next to my knees that heat up my calves. Does anybody make a plastic insert to redirect this hot air away from the lower calves and knees?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
794 Posts
I feel it as well when the temps are very high, but probably because of the mesh gear and just shorts underneath. More on the left side actually - not sure why and haven't really given it too much thought. I normally just swing my knee out further from the tank for more air, or put my feet on the highway pegs if possible. I used to ride a CX500 and that would get toasty for my inner knee area, so I don't consider the VStrom that bad.

I've personally never seen or read anything about heat deflectors for a VStrom.

·
Registered
3,607 Posts
Heat is subjective, coming from a HD I feel like my DL is blowing AC. Not much you can do about it.

·
Premium Member
2,503 Posts
I never noticed the engine heat until it got hot enough to wear mesh pants. But only at speeds under 30 and at stops. Having moved from Western Washington to the east side a year ago where 90+ days are much more common it has become much more apparent. Still not a big deal.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts