StromTrooper banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2012 V Strom and for some reason (my messing around!!) the digital speedo is reading in miles per hour - very inconvenient! I need km/hr here in Australia.

I have also lost the small handbook that came with the bike and would tell me how to do this. I have ordered a new booklet but this is a few weeks away.

So......wondering if a kind 2012 owner can help me out with the sequence of button pressings and key turnings that can get me back to kilometres.

btw - not sure if it is a bad habit I have but I rely on the speedo a lot :confused:, and the mph thing is really bugging me.

Thanks Jock.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Use the switch on the backside of the left grip to toggle between display settings. Press it until the odo is selected, and then hold it for a cople of seconds and it should toggle back to kilometers.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
I have a 2012 V Strom and for some reason (my messing around!!) the digital speedo is reading in miles per hour - very inconvenient! I need km/hr here in Australia.

I have also lost the small handbook that came with the bike and would tell me how to do this. I have ordered a new booklet but this is a few weeks away.

So......wondering if a kind 2012 owner can help me out with the sequence of button pressings and key turnings that can get me back to kilometres.

btw - not sure if it is a bad habit I have but I rely on the speedo a lot :confused:, and the mph thing is really bugging me.

Thanks Jock.
Read your owners manual - cover to cover - it is filled with helpful information...

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Read your owners manual - cover to cover - it is filled with helpful information...
He has lost the owners manual, the "small handbook" is all we get as an owners manual from Suzuki here in Oz.

·
Premium Member
1,516 Posts
He has lost the owners manual, the "small handbook" is all we get as an owners manual from Suzuki here in Oz.
Yeah, all we get is the small one, too...

...actually, we get three -- two that are essentially worthless and the 'owners manual' which is very worthwhile to have and to hold on to for the life of the machine.
They cost $20US to order, too...

Shameful that they don't go the way of Kawasaki and provide the owners manual in .pdf online...

Oh well, at least we've got a forum with helpful - and sometimes not so much - members.

Didn't intend to be -- not so much ...

·
Premium Member
93 Posts

Thanks Jock.
Cycle the handlebar meter switch until meter displays odometer, then press and hold adjust button on meter panel until display changes back to metric.

·
Registered
4,326 Posts
Yeah, all we get is the small one, too...

...actually, we get three -- two that are essentially worthless and the 'owners manual' which is very worthwhile to have and to hold on to for the life of the machine.
They cost $20US to order, too...

Shameful that they don't go the way of Kawasaki and provide the owners manual in .pdf online...

Oh well, at least we've got a forum with helpful - and sometimes not so much - members.

Didn't intend to be -- not so much ...

I wouldn't say you are one of the "not so much" because you at least took the time to suggest where to find the answer to the problem, and it is easy to miss a line when skimming through all the posts that happen each day on this forum.

So we are not the only ones who get the minimal size manuals from Suzuki, I thought they assumed we couldn't read in the Penal Colonies of Old Mother England and therefore didn't bother to print us a full copy to supply with our bikes. :confused:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ah!! Many thanks Tony - you have given me the secret code.
A more enjoyable ride coming up. :hurray:

Cheers, Jock

·
Registered
194 Posts
So as everyone has said you can read the manual or as I recommend- simply move to the US. Easy peasy. I hate reading manuals.

:thumbup:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ah! Good idea :thumbup:

Move to the US is probably quicker than trying to snatch the right combo of button pushing and key turning to get the kilometres setting back, in absence of my handbook. I have turned my house upside down looking for that booklet. It does have lots of good and necessary info but so easy for me to lose (small). My next copy is on backorder.

I wonder if Suzuki went digital to save $?? I would be happy with two analogue dials any day.

Thanks, Jock

1 - 13 of 13 Posts