StromTrooper banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
The OEM seat design does force your cahones to rest up against the front portion of the seat that resembles a camel hump. My remedy was to get a custom seat that fits my butt, takes pressure off of those sit bones, puts me further back in the seat and did require me to raise the handlebars and set them further towards me. Took the pressure off my jewels and my butt and my wrists. I live relatively close to Rich's Custom Seats in Kingston, WA. and he and his crew do a good job. I've had the seat now for 6 years and I'm very happy since I can experience an all day ride without complaints from my butt or cahones.
+1 for Rich's Custom Seats.

I have worn purpose built shorts for many years as ****** tightys did not cut it off road racing. Bicycle tights with foam buttpads increase mileage per day and keep 'the boyz' in place. Chamois leather down there is good as well.

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Off the shelf seats can provide some relief, but I spent $350 on one, and the improvement was so slight I sold it for for less than half that then spent some more $$ on a RDL to really fix the problem. Lesson learned. Two week trips with long days, never a thought about the seat. Ever.

·
Premium Member
5,631 Posts
Ah yeah forgot and I wear them every ride ...MotoSkivees are excellent (y)

·
Premium Member
5,631 Posts
Has anyone experienced Saddlemen?
I had one and sold it. Nothing special.
RDL, Sargent, Terry Adcox all better

·
Premium Member
3,726 Posts
lol.......'******' blocked is beyond ridiculousness......

·
Registered
5,629 Posts
Yikes, moto skivees, never heard of em.... $72 each ?
Costco, boxer briefs, $14 / 4 pk.
96 % natural cotton with the miracle of spandex. Do laundry ever few days.
Keeps the nether regions (ha ! they allow nether regions) comfy enough.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Yikes, moto skivees, never heard of em.... $72 each ?
Costco, boxer briefs, $14 / 4 pk.
96 % natural cotton with the miracle of spandex. Do laundry ever few days.
Keeps the nether regions (ha ! they allow nether regions) comfy enough.
Its a (once free) country to wear the pube yanking skin scuffing 100% cotton money saving garment, if you want to. I did put up choices costing half that much and some of us think it's money well spent. They cum in non threatening colorway too.:oops:

·
Premium Member
5,631 Posts
Worth every penny and well made ...special treatment on the padding....but hey maybe a $600 RDL is your thing.
BTW you wear the skivvies next to your skin ...not over underwear.

·
Registered
129 Posts

I had seat re-done. Game changer. I rode 7 hours after that, felt like I was on the bike for 1 hour.

I recently rode 12 hours, 850 miles. I would've able ride another 12 hour, 850 miles no problem.

Happy Ass, happy rider.

Without a doubt, seat should have no budget limit in terms of being comfortable riding whenever, as long as you want.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts