StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 251 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I just wanted to get an update as to what kind of deals people are getting on the new DL. I have a sense that dealers are being a little stingy because of the 0% financing deal... Some dealers here in the NW are advertising at $8699.00 - some deal !!

Thanks,

John

·
Registered
15 Posts
If that price included all taxes and fees, I would think that is a fair price. But, to each their own. If the dealer is getting a lot of inquiries and thinks they will sell, they will be harder to deal with.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Boston area: Mine was close to $8k after the $500 discount from list and the bullshit fees were added back in. I paid cash for it.

I also had to pay sales tax directly to the state.

·
Registered
8 Posts
2012 Price

I may have paid too much, but I got one for $7900 + TTL with 0% financing. I tried to haggle down to $7500, but that was as low as they would go. I called 6 or 7 dealers and they were the only ones that currently had a 2012. Probably hurt my negotiating position, but I wasn't sure I'd be able to find another by the end of the 0% promotion.

I told one dealer I wanted it for 7500 and he flipped his lid. Thought he was going to throw me out of the dealership. He went off on a rant about how he would not sell for a loss.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
That ranting crap doesn't work on me. I just get up and walk out without saying anything. Never had it happen with a bike dealer, but it seems to be a favorite of car dealers.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the replies... I guess it is supply-demand thing for the most part... I think that for now $8000.00 OTD is about the best we can do - at least until then end of the 0% promo., and until stock increases. It appears to be stock is now flowing from the warehouses after the delay due to the brake switch recall.

RE: dealer cost - I have not run the dealer cost of the '12 - but when I bought my '09 - in January of '09 - the markup was between 12 and 13% - if that rate still applied, dealer cost for the '12 would be $7300 or so...and that does not include dealer holdback...

I don't recall the name of the website where one can find dealer cost - but I have used it twice, and it appeared to be accurate, and very helpful in negotiating price...I wonder if anyone else has found the dealer cost figure for the base model?

--John

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Oh, and BTW, we have no sales tax in Oregon, although we now have 4 year licensing which is more expensive...

John

·
Registered
114 Posts
If that includes DMV fees, you got a very good deal. Congrats!
Yep, includes all fees. I only regret not taking advantage of the $200 sidecase deal (I'm sure I could have negotiated them in even though that offer is only for the 2011 models).

·
Registered
5,621 Posts
Total cost $8090 OTD from Grants Pass, Oregon, as stated before, no sales tax, four year license. He ordered three of the standards in, all gone now, one Adv coming in soon. They seem to be selling fast.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm picking up mine tomorrow. I'm paying $8950 OTD with heated grips and 12v outlet. Good luck.
Got something similar here in NY - I got mine for $9,000 OTD (on 8.875% sales tax) with OEM center stand and hand guards included. Though I did have a $200 Suzuki coupon from the International Motorcycle Show thrown in there. Put on a Powerlet outlet myself, already having Powerlet heated gloves and jacket liner, so it was all I needed. (I've since added the OEM under cowling myself too)

that was about 3 weeks ago. Just finished breaking it in yesterday. :)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got mine for $7800 Cash...plus TTL that included using a $200 off coupon from the motorcycle show, and convincing my dealer that i couldn't come up with anymore money than that...which was basically the truth...been broke ever since, but I have a nice new shiny bike..:)

·
Registered
342 Posts
So, you've dropped or scratched it then, eh?

Heh. I've scuffed the rear rails by using bungee cords that lost the rubber tip, that's about it so far. I'm sure more will happen...

Heck I haven't even gotten around to removing the warning decals yet because I don't have a hair dryer and apparently heat is important to a clean peel.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Heh. I've scuffed the rear rails by using bungee cords that lost the rubber tip, that's about it so far. I'm sure more will happen...

Heck I haven't even gotten around to removing the warning decals yet because I don't have a hair dryer and apparently heat is important to a clean peel.
Yes, heat works best. The goo stuff doesn't touch the stickers, only the residue.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Got something similar here in NY - I got mine for $9,000 OTD (on 8.875% sales tax) with OEM center stand and hand guards included. Though I did have a $200 Suzuki coupon from the International Motorcycle Show thrown in there. Put on a Powerlet outlet myself, already having Powerlet heated gloves and jacket liner, so it was all I needed. (I've since added the OEM under cowling myself too)

that was about 3 weeks ago. Just finished breaking it in yesterday. :)

I got a similar deal from where you got yours also. I went down there the day after you told me and they got me one also, which was before the recall stopped everything. I had them order the part and had the recall done with the 600 mile service also. If you did not get it done, call them up to order the part and have them do it. It is a quick job for them and now they know what is involved now. I got just over 1000 miles and loving it!:hurray:

1 - 20 of 251 Posts