StromTrooper banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Has anyone ordered this seat?

And if so can you post a pic of it?

My bike presently has the standard seat and being tall, I am thinking about ordering the taller seat.

Here is what I found..

This higher seat is approx. 20 mm higher than the standard seat – very comfortable for taller riders. With V-Strom logo, easy to mount.

Part #: 45100-11J60-KCJ
$215.95

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,103 Posts
This is for a 2012 Wee. The Vee seat won't fit.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I put the Vee seat on my Wee, it is taller than the Wee seat but not as tall as the Tall seat. If you're over 6 foot 4 or so I think the tall seat is the way to go. Otherwise I'd go with the Vee seat. There is a lot of personal preference involved though. I found the Wee seat intolerably uncomfortable but the Vee seat very comfortable. Again, personal preference plays in a lot.

Wee seat < Vee seat < Tall seat

My question addresses the 2012 tall Wee seat and requesting a pic.

I really have no interest in the Vee seat at all and as Greywolf stated it will not fit the 12.

I will probably go ahead and order the tall seat or may just add the Sargent World Sport out of Jacksonville, Fla.

A rather large difference in price between the two. The sergeant may not sit as tall. Ahhh... the research begins.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Pictures

Not sure if these thumbnails will help or not. I had the tall seat installed before leaving the dealer and have no riding experience between the two seats. As you know only listed as 20mm difference. I figured if the tall seat isn't enough then the standard seat and pan will be used for a custom.

I have been ok with the seat / peg relationship so far. Have yet to do any long rides to see how it works.

Tall seat is on the left in the picture taken from the back..

Price around. I think I paid about 190 when I bought the bike.

Attachments

·
Registered
536 Posts
For what it's worth...

I tried to source the tall seat at my dealer and elsewhere online with no luck. World of Power Sports took my order, but a few days later replied to tell me it was backordered 3-4 weeks.

But then my search skills aren't perfect. If anyone ID's a source, please post it up.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
Not sure if these thumbnails will help or not. I had the tall seat installed before leaving the dealer and have no riding experience between the two seats. As you know only listed as 20mm difference. I figured if the tall seat isn't enough then the standard seat and pan will be used for a custom.

I have been ok with the seat / peg relationship so far. Have yet to do any long rides to see how it works.

Tall seat is on the left in the picture taken from the back..

Price around. I think I paid about 190 when I bought the bike.
MNrider,

Excellent, I may be ordering a tall seat. I am going to call Sargent and discuss options with them first,
Thanks for all the replies guys!

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
I've got the tall seat on mine, like it so far, kinda like a Corbin, it's got hard foam in it. Looks identical to the stock seat, but it does give you more leg room, plus I put a RR peg lowering kit on it also, overall it's just about right for me. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
371 Posts
The OEM tall seat is great.

I have the tall seat on my bike, and I like it alot - 4 hours in the seat is not a problem for me - no sore butt or knees.
I'm 6 feet tall with 34" inseam - I can't touch down with flat feet, but as I allso ride enduro bikes, that just feels normal :mod_biggrin:

My bike with the tall seat:

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have the tall seat on my bike, and I like it alot - 4 hours in the seat is not a problem for me - no sore butt or knees.
I'm 6 feet tall with 34" inseam - I can't touch down with flat feet, but as I allso ride enduro bikes, that just feels normal :mod_biggrin:

Pic deleted as redundant
Thanks Don!

·
Registered
635 Posts
If anyone has a tall seat that they wish they had not gotten and would rather have the stock standard height seat, I'd be most interested in trading with you for a like new condition stock seat.

Just PM me....

·
Registered
36 Posts
Anyone know if the low/high seat options basically use the same plastic base, and there's just more/less foam?

I'm a short ass and am contemplating shaving the stock seat versus spending more $ on a lower seat.

Ta.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Anyone know if the low/high seat options basically use the same plastic base, and there's just more/less foam?

I'm a short ass and am contemplating shaving the stock seat versus spending more $ on a lower seat.

Ta.
It's the same base with more/less foam and a different shape.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I know this is an older thread but just to add to this, if you're interested in an O.E. taller seat and you live nearby the Canadian border, it's actually cheaper north of the 49th.

Can. price $179.47
Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - V-Strom 650 - 2014 - DL650A - Accessories

US price $215.95
Suzuki Cycles - Product Lines - Cycles - Products - V-Strom 650 - 2013 - DL650AADV - Accessories

Combine that with the current exchange rate of $1 US = approx. $1.10 Cdn. and it could be worth the drive. Most other Suzuki accessories are actually less expensive in Canada.

I bought this seat over the winter but have yet to try it out as my bike is still hibernating.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts

Good point. I prefer a tall bike and feel no need to flat foot a bike after riding years in the dirt.

Personally, I'd skip the Sargent. It made my nuts sore in 45 minutes on my 2007 Wee. On a past VFR the Sargent was pretty good.

FWIW, I considered a tall seat but ended up with a custom Russell day long with driver's backrest. This is what I have always wanted on rides over 4 hours.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts