1 - 20 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New Hampshire White Mountains

Friday August 3 to Sunday August 5

Great riding and scenery in the Northern New Hampshire White Mountains

Beautiful wilderness areas to ride and enjoy. You will love the roads.

Routed Ride by New Hampshire Native RandyO on Saturday

Great dual sport street and dirt road ride on Saturday. Dirt roads not trails. All fun, Reasonable pace, no worries, no one left behind.

Ride up from Massachusetts on Friday, PM richw if interested. If weather is perfect I may hit Mount Washington Auto Road on the way home Sunday... scary fun.

We had 13 in Vermont last year. Everyone had a great time and we are a little smarter this year.

MAKE YOUR OWN RESERVATIONS THEN POST UP

Camping at Twin River Campground, Bath NH
Twin River Campground

Great campsite and cabins with amenities, pool, river etc. It is on the Amanoosac river trail system but they seem to be d*cks about an expensive NH trail pass.

We have designated the rustic area campsites for our area they are numbered H15 to H21. There can be 2 bikes in a campsite at %30 a night so you can split $60 for the weekend. PM me if by yourself I will try to pair you up to handle $$ etc.

There are rustic cabins C5,C6,C7,C8 (bed and A/C no bathroom) these are 3 day minimum for $200. Please discuss bodies etc. with the campground.

There are plenty of other campsites if these fill up.

Motel at Nootka Lodge, Bath NH
www.nootkalodge.com
3 miles from campground

Looks like a nice place at a reasonable cost.

·
Registered
22,435 Posts
my preliminary proposed dirt ride (still more pavement than dirt)
Route on Google Map
225-230 miles total, 7hrs riding time(per google, I will per ride to get a better estimate) lunch @ The Moat
menu
highlights

North South Road
Route 118
Tripoli Road
Sandwich Notch Road (most difficult/technical part of ride)
Hurricane Mountain Road (both directions to get to The Moat and back on route)
Evans Notch
Cherry Mountain Road maybe substitute Jefferson Notch Road if its open

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Looks like this will be my first post on this forum. I'm picking up my '09 wee-strom tuesday and found this forum. I'm at advrider too. Looks like a cool ride. I will try and make it. I should be at the Berkshire ride in a few weeks.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
This should be sticky!!

I just found it - thanks to NHBubba and RichW.
Will be there! :thumbup:

·
Registered
722 Posts
Sadly I cannot make it as I am engaged to be married the afternoon of Aug 4.

Ride safe, have fun. Looks like we all have reason to hope for good weather.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Sadly I cannot make it as I am engaged to be married the afternoon of Aug 4.

Ride safe, have fun. Looks like we all have reason to hope for good weather.
Congratulations!! Bring the wife with you - it will be the best honey moon ever :biggrinjester:

·
Registered
664 Posts
How rotten is the dirt road portion? Would it be unmanageable on sport touring rubber? I'll be running non off-road tires.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Reserved.

Called them and lady was nice, but reservation was slow as she had a hard time understanding me and said I had a thick accent.. DOH!! :jawdrop:
I guess people in NY/NJ are more used to that!

The price is actually $27 a night.
They have a one week cancellation policy.

Also make sure you mention Rich Weir as the group leader. She knows him.

·
Registered
22,435 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
Congratulations!! Bring the wife with you - it will be the best honey moon ever :biggrinjester:
Thanks. Rich suggested the same when he posted this elsewhere.

Wife-to-be doesn't ride, no interest after I stoppied the bike with her aboard one day. :biggrinjester: Don't do that! :var_6:

Also our ceremony is literally going down while you guys will be tearing it up. Rescheduling is not an option. Hopefully that's obvious to all.

Next year, fer real.

Have fun. Take photos. Tell us stories.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Guys,
To help Rich with marketing of this event, please add this (or similar) to your signature. Viral marketing will help us have a nice rally this year, with lots of participants. Last year was fantastic!

PHP:
[URL="http://www.stromtrooper.com/events/73989-2012-northeast-strom-adventure.html"][B]2012 Northeast Rally: 8/3-8/5 :fineprint:[/B][/URL]
2012 Northeast Rally: 8/3-8/5 :fineprint:

It is a simple pointer to this thread, and since everybody can see your signature all over the forum threads, some people that did not know about the event (e.g. me..) would notice and click, and perhaps join!
More 'Ads' means more exposures, which means a great rally!

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
Lookin' Good!

I just saw this event ... and I'm in. I had a great time last year in VT with Rich, Randyo, BigMan, Kenny, and the rest of the group. For those on the fence, these guys know how to plan nice routes AND very nice campgrounds.

Rich and RandyO, thanks for doing the planning. I very much look forward to this ride. It was by far my favorite riding of the whole season last year. And I am eager to check out NH more.

I'll probably be coming across Route 2 through the Berkshires, then into NH that way. I'd love to ride part of the way there with someone.

·
Premium Member
Former 2x DL650 owner; moved onto Super Tenere ES
522 Posts
Wife-to-be doesn't ride, no interest after I stoppied the bike with her aboard one day. :biggrinjester: Don't do that! :var_6:
I wish you had caught that on video. As I have found, after stunting with HER on board it takes a VERY long time to re-build trust!

Enjoy the wedding. We'll see you the following year.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
I just saw this event ... and I'm in. I had a great time last year in VT with Rich, Randyo, BigMan, Kenny, and the rest of the group. For those on the fence, these guys know how to plan nice routes AND very nice campgrounds.

Rich and RandyO, thanks for doing the planning. I very much look forward to this ride. It was by far my favorite riding of the whole season last year. And I am eager to check out NH more.

I'll probably be coming across Route 2 through the Berkshires, then into NH that way. I'd love to ride part of the way there with someone.
So happy Kevin is joining again.
This guy has the best V-Strom 650 hands down :) "nearly stock"... :green_lol:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
at this point and condition of my bike, I may not be able to attend, I will plan as if I were, I've been on all the roads in my proposed ride, just never in one loop.
Really sorry to hear that.
But what's wrong?
There are nearly 3 months until the rally, to fix the bike

·
Registered
6,709 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Randy has electrical gremlins probably from salt exposure. I am sure he will be Stroming along soon.

I know him and he will be riding something and

I hope he knows he is encouraged to come on what ever he is on.

As a minimum I will translate his proposed route to a HD ride planner

·
Registered
22,435 Posts
Randy has electrical gremlins probably from salt exposure. I am sure he will be Stroming along soon.

I know him and he will be riding something and

I hope he knows he is encouraged to come on what ever he is on.

As a minimum I will translate his proposed route to a HD ride planner
seriously expensive electric gremlins. business had been tough, extra $$ have been hard to come by. who knows, I may be there on my XV920R, all it needs is a starter relay and possibly a starter

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

1 - 20 of 256 Posts