StromTrooper banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While waiting on my 2012 650, which is due in a couple of months, I asked the dealer what the factory plastic lower engine cover would cost and he quoted "about $275". I said, not a skid plate--just the plastic cover. He said that's the price.

Can this be correct? I'm not talking a lower fairing, or aluminum skid plate.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
The dealer I bought mine from, Grants Pass, Or, matched that price, $230, in my hands, no delivery charge. I had the part on my workbench before the bike arrived in Oregon. It is just plastic, more decoration than anything, no protection from the bottom at all, but I like it on the bike, it covers up all the hoses and filter from view.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the replies. I will be contacting Yann about another skid plate when my bike comes in.

·
Registered
220 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Check out Yann's skid plate. Google Enduro Guardion or Narcossis Junky Everyone raves about them, and they look incredibly well made. I plan on ordering one tomorrow when I get paid.

Vinny

·
Premium Member
157 Posts
Considered both, went with the Yann Enduro Skidplate. Came down to ACTUAL protection, because to Quote Clint.. "A man's gotta know his limitations" and I just can't seem to accept that. :yikes::green_lol:

DSR650

1 - 9 of 9 Posts