StromTrooper banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for some aftermarket adjustable brake and clutch levers. I've seen a lot of listings for 2006 thru 2011 levers. Will these levers also fit the 2012 or has the style changed? Also, are the $38 eBay China levers any good? The materials used sound decent but I wonder about the fitment.

·
Registered
3,832 Posts
You need 2012 levers, they are different. (They may have changed the clutch switch in 2011). I know they are different from the 2006 levers anyway.

Other than that problem, they are fine.
I think the handguards on the current DL 650 have more room and you may not have to fiddle to get them to fit properly now. (2006 bike definitely had clearance issues)

Pete

·
Registered
418 Posts
I have cheap CNC levers from rideitmoto.com - they have a specific application for the 2012 - and have been very happy with quality, fitment, and adjustability. Ordering was very easy and fast. I originally found out about these guys from greywolf, who I believe had them on his previous bike.

Just visible on the left. I have a regular clutch and a shorty brake lever:

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
305 Posts
I bought the cheap chinese ones on ebay.

The front brake lever fit was good.

The clutch lever hits the switch block before the lever reaches the hand grip. I ground the lever down a little where it hit and now it's ok. The ebay title of mine was;
"1 SET CNC Click Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Suzuki DL650/V-STROM 2011-2012"

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I bought the cheap chinese ones on ebay.

The front brake lever fit was good.

The clutch lever hits the switch block before the lever reaches the hand grip. I ground the lever down a little where it hit and now it's ok. The ebay title of mine was;
"1 SET CNC Click Adjustable Brake Clutch Levers Suzuki DL650/V-STROM 2011-2012"

Thanks, I just ordered this set. $30 with free shipping!

·
Registered
635 Posts
I got one of the cheap pairs off EBay as well, these also fold up if they hit the ground and the end slides in and out to adjust the length, as well as the levers to adjust the reach. I added some rubber grip covers to improve the grip.

They fit fine and seem about as sloppy laterally as the OEM's so I assuming that's spec.

The Orange I got was not at all close to the bike color, they're very reddish. doing it again I would do black with maybe an orange adjuster. You can mix and match the colors.

So far I like them and they feel beefier than the stock ones. I think these were about $55 shipped and it took several weeks to get here, literally from China (Hong Kong).

·
Registered
469 Posts
Pneumatic

I have the same problem with my new shorty clutch lever

How much did you grind off?

Thanks

I rotated and moved the switch assembly -- aftermarket bars so I had ground off the locating pin.
:nerd:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts