StromTrooper banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

Sorry if this has been covered. I did a search but did not find what I was looking for.

When activating turn signals (moving lever for right or left turn) they do not always activate. This started this morning. If I cancel and try again they will often work. Rather random whether or not they will work.

Any suggestions?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Mine work, then they don't work, then they work, then they don't work, then they work, then they don't work, then they work, then they don't work, etc.

Sorry, I had to......
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
937 Posts
Could be some corrosion at the switch. Easy to clean if you open the pod, or you could try spraying some electrical contact cleaner in the opening and working the switch back and forth a few times.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
353 Posts
Could also be corrosion in the connector for the relay. When I replaced mine with a digital unit, the original was rather reluctant to let go. Try pulling that relay, cleaning the pins on the relay, the socket it plugs into, and spreading some dielectric grease. Its located under the seat near the battery.
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
5,061 Posts
I have had this on and off for years and traced it back to the switch. It often occurs after riding in the rain or washing the bike.
I open up the LH switchblock and spray electroclean in there, and work the switch.
Problem solved for another year.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the info!

I will open up the switch and see what I find and inspect the relay. I have some corrosion block I use on the boat - saltwater use, so that should do the trick. I will let you know what I found.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
OK, I opened up the switch...it was not real pretty, but far from toast. I was out of Corrosion Block, but had some CorrosionX (good for electrical) and sprayed the heck out of the switch and worked it for a while.

BINGO!

The relay contacts looked really good, so I am thinking it was a switch issue.

All fixed! (For Now).

Thank you all for the help.
 
1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Top