StromTrooper banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
435 Posts
MSRP is $9,799 on the 2012 "Adventure" version. I wonder what comes in that package.

·
Registered
1,959 Posts
It looks like they have dropped the "DL" part of the model name (at least in the advertising). They simply say V-Strom 1000 and V-Strom 650 ABS. That makes sense.

I do like the looks of the black "Adventure" model. The cases look like they are the SW-Motech Trax ALU-BOX. For the adventure look I think it's a good choice.

The crash bars are probably made by SW-Motech too. Interesting that they didn't go with a black finish. I'm not sure what color to call it, but it ain't black.

The "adjustable windshield" looks like it's just a laminar lip type top piece with an adjustable bracket for the lip. This is similar to the Givi Airflow (but smaller). It will be interesting to see how effective it is.

I'm surprised to the the 1000 back for 2012. Too bad they didn't come out with a new color.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
So 15 big ones get you some crash bars, a laminar lip, and side cases. Hmmm I don't know, unless the dealer is trying to unload one at a discount, I think I will stick with the standard. I am glad they kept the price down, I thought they would have raised it more.

·
Premium Member
301 Posts
Am I slow..

Go to the bottom of the link and it looks like they are selling a 2012 V-Strom 1000. I thought the 1000 was discontinued.

·
$Whatever$
1,599 Posts
Wow.......... Hard to believe... but there it is....

·
Registered
32 Posts
1000 is back

I really can't believe three months after i pull the trigger on a brand new 650 they bring back the 1000!!!!! WHat the heck.
:headbang:

·
Registered
524 Posts
So - now I've got to make a choice. Sell my 650 which I really love and get the new 1000 THAT WE ALL THOUGHT WAS GONE FOREVER or wait it out and hope Zuke delivers a Vstrom 800 in a couple years. Damn. Damn you Zuki.

And why couldn't they make the same style changes to the 1000? Sheesh.

And why does the 650 adventure version have no skidplate?

·
Registered
899 Posts
I really can't believe three months after i pull the trigger on a brand new 650 they bring back the 1000!!!!! WHat the heck.
:headbang:
I think that they are just using up the rest of the 1000 engines. There is no mention of the 1000 after 2009 on suzuki.ca.

·
Premium Member
3,140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'm thinking that there's going to be quite more than a few WeeStroms hitting the classifieds in November/December...........gonna be a buyer's market!

·
Registered
899 Posts
I'm thinking that there's going to be quite more than a few WeeStroms hitting the classifieds in November/December...........gonna be a buyer's market!
That's how I got mine a couple of weeks ago. I paid the seller about $5k less than what he paid last year.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts