StromTrooper banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As there are quite a few differences between the US and Canadian Models. I thought I would start a Canadian thread.

There's some nice new features on the instrument cluster.

Dual trip meters with both distance and L/100km fuel usage.
Freeze Warning when air temperature is below 3C there is also a air temp reading. Digital Fuel Gauge, Temp Guage and Gear Indicator.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Since there seems to be a lot of questions about where the Oil Cooler went.
Here is a close up picture of the system. It uses a Liquid to Liquid cooler system similar to the system that has been used on many VWs for many years.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
And Here's the First We're delivering today, Just waiting to be picked up by its new owner. The Orange looks terrific in the Sun.

V-Tom, It was nice to meet you at the Bike show last weekend.

Attachments

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
What differences? Don't the Americans get the same bike sans metric readouts and possibly colour?
Different Colours. The Americans get the Adventure model (Black Only) instread of our Expedition model (3 Colours) which is much better equiped. And it looks like it will be mid Febuary for the SE and the Expedition. They're still waiting for some components from Hepco Becker and SW Motech.

·
Administrator
14,224 Posts

V-Tom, It was nice to meet you at the Bike show last weekend.
Nice meeting you as well!

Do you know if the readouts can be changed to imperial measurements. (ie: speedo when travelling in USA.)

..Tom

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 · (Edited)
Nice meeting you as well!

Do you know if the readouts can be changed to imperial measurements. (ie: speedo when travelling in USA.)

..Tom
Yes, holding the Adjust button while set to odometer for 2 seconds will switch it between MPG and KPH.

The Fuel consumption settings are also switchable between L/100km MPG Imperial and MPG US

Brightness is also adjustable.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Great pics and details. Thanks for sharing.

My biggest concern is if all the accessories I have on my 07 will fit on a 2012.

Having said that, I want one :yesnod:

·
Registered
328 Posts
I was at the bike show in Toronto and took a look at the 2012 650. One thing I didn't care for is the location of the 12v accessory power supply socket. It's located on the right side around knee height and is facing downwards. I'm concerned the plug in power adapter will gradualy work it's way out due to gravity. Other than that I find looks of the 2012 is simply stunning, the pearl white sheme is my favourite

·
Registered
159 Posts
I am looking forward to seeing the 650 at the Calgary show in Jan. Suzuki Canada said all colors and trim packages will be on display!

·
Registered
791 Posts
Any thoughts on whether the lower plastic undercowl that comes with the explorer model needs to be removed to change the oil filter? (could not get a good look at the Toronto show as this bike was on the turntable). Really like that orange colour and the top loading cases.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Ordered one today!

I ordered a 2012 Orange EXP model from Mike Scott of Brampton Powersports today! Would deal with Mike any day and have spoken with him in the past.
Brampton claims this is the first 2012 sold in Canada (not sure if they meant first 2012 or first EXP model...did the Newcastle deal fall through, Countryboy ?). Anyway Mike gave me a nice discount without any haggling. I added center stand, 12V accessory outlet and passenger backrest. Deliver should be in February.

Ken

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I ordered a 2012 Orange EXP model from Mike Scott of Brampton Powersports today! Would deal with Mike any day and have spoken with him in the past.
Brampton claims this is the first 2012 sold in Canada (not sure if they meant first 2012 or first EXP model...did the Newcastle deal fall through, Countryboy ?). Anyway Mike gave me a nice discount without any haggling. I added center stand, 12V accessory outlet and passenger backrest. Deliver should be in February.

Ken
Any chance you can tell us what the "out the door" price you paid was?...

·
Registered
791 Posts
I knew I would be asked that one quickly.:thumbup:

I was given a discount on accessories and these were added to total, but the price charged for the 2012 EXP including freight and pdi was $9700. plus HST on the $9700. plus admin of $125, OMVIC fee of $5.00, license of $69., Fuel of $30.

At the show on the weekend the factory rep quoted $10,899. for EXP (including freight and pdi I believe but did not write this down).

Not sure if others will be able to get this discount...as I mentioned Mike was checking to ensure this was the first one sold in Canada (first 2012 or first EXP, not sure)

Well there is a spot cleared in the garage and I am all set for the spring !
Ken

·
Registered
1,856 Posts
I knew I would be asked that one quickly.:thumbup:

I was given a discount on accessories and these were added to total, but the price charged for the 2012 EXP including freight and pdi was $9700. plus HST on the $9700. plus admin of $125, OMVIC fee of $5.00, license of $69., Fuel of $30.

At the show on the weekend the factory rep quoted $10,899. for EXP (including freight and pdi I believe but did not write this down).

Not sure if others will be able to get this discount...as I mentioned Mike was checking to ensure this was the first one sold in Canada (first 2012 or first EXP, not sure)

Well there is a spot cleared in the garage and I am all set for the spring !
Ken
Thanks.... Just good to know what they will actually sell for by the dealers.. The standard should go a really good price, then...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Brampton claims this is the first 2012 sold in Canada (not sure if they meant first 2012 or first EXP model...did the Newcastle deal fall through, Countryboy ?)
Ken
Congrats on your new Bike Ken.

Newcastle Deal ?

I think Brampton may be misinformed. I've already sold 5 standards and 4 Expeditions, We've had deals with deposits since November. We have already delivered 2 Standards. Which I understand were the first 2 in Canada going by the Warranty registration dates. (There's a couple of Very Lucky Guys that are going to be very happy this Christmas :thumbup: )

Cheers,

John

·
Registered
791 Posts
Oh well...they were happy and I certainly am..I guess that is all that matters
Ken

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
Wasn't a fan of the Orange, from the initial media releases, but your posted photo has changed my mind. It looks orang-tastic!

·
Registered
791 Posts
I agree, most of the photos don't really show how much that orange pops out at you and you really want to see it in person. The white has a nice pearl tone to it. If you click on thumbnail below (somehow I did not post the full size photo), you can see a pretty good shot as well.
Ken

Attachments

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone, new to the forums and my first post.

I had been looking at a BMW F800ST and a Triumph Tiger 800 but have decided to go with the 2012 650 V-Strom. It pretty much is the best ride for what I need which is a commuter, short day trips and the odd weekend jaunt.

My question is, would someone mind sharing their final price on the 2012 650A ABS, (standard bike with no bags).

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts