StromTrooper banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This new bike is stressing my neck muscles for some reason. I've got one inch bar risers on it, maybe two would help, but I'm not in favor of spending a small fortune to extend the brake lines, and possibly the electrical cables.

Anybody else noticing a diff between the old and the new causing aches and pains?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It can be harder to relax on an unfamiliar bike. It may be as simple as that. I've found myself tensing up sometimes and relaxed purposefully. That was all it took. Plug both bikes into Motorcycle Ergonomics
The new bike does lean the body 1 more degree forward. Maybe more pullback can help.

·
Registered
99 Posts
now that you mention it.......

I did a 200 mile ride last week and noticed some soreness in my neck. However, it has been awhile since I've ridden, and I had a sore neck after the first day on long trips before on my KLR and FJR. So, I'll just have to see if this continues. No problem though, I love the bike. :hurray:

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I did a 200 mile ride last week and noticed some soreness in my neck.
It's a damn subtle problem and didn't show up until the first 300 mile ride. The new bike *is* different -- fer instance, I find it extremely easy to scrape pegs without thinking about it. Handling seems a lot more supple.

I ordered a set of Rox risers tonight and will see if I can dial out the neck pain that way.

·
Administrator
13,347 Posts
Tom,

I didn't have neck issues but did find that the stock ergos put a lot more weight on my wrists than my old bike did when stock; although the "high seat" may have contributed to that as well. I put some up and back risers and that cured it for me.

..Tom

·
Registered
97 Posts
Tom,

I didn't have neck issues but did find that the stock ergos put a lot more weight on my wrists than my old bike did when stock; although the "high seat" may have contributed to that as well. I put some up and back risers and that cured it for me.

..Tom
Same here, one inch risers cured all for me.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Tom,

..Tom
Please tell where you bought the risers. I don't need up, but I do need back about an inch. With my height (5'9") and inseam (30"), I need 1 inch back for 0 degree angle, according to the link Pat provided. I have the neck and shoulder pain, also.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I haven't seen risers unless they are up and back, or just up. Never saw just back, but Genmar or Rox may work for you.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I guess going up an inch wouldn't hurt, but what about the brake line? I don't want to have to lengthen it. I rotated the bars back as far as they would go, but still need another inch back.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess going up an inch wouldn't hurt, but what about the brake line? I don't want to have to lengthen it. I rotated the bars back as far as they would go, but still need another inch back.
I went up an inch and the cables and brake line are not stressed.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks, I just ordered the Rox 2" pivoting risers. I hope I can get them to fit O.K. The other poster said he made them work with a little cable dressing. Maybe at an up and back angle, all will be well. I really like the idea of being able to adjust both up and back.:hurray:

·
Administrator
13,347 Posts
Please tell where you bought the risers. I don't need up, but I do need back about an inch. With my height (5'9") and inseam (30"), I need 1 inch back for 0 degree angle, according to the link Pat provided. I have the neck and shoulder pain, also.
I think mine were the SW-Motech up and back ones. I didn't need to change any cables; I think I may have done some minor re-routing.

..Tom

·
Registered
72 Posts
Thanks. I could only find the "up" risers from them. I need the "back" or "up" and "back". I ordered the adjustable ones. Hopefully, they won't be too tall.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Maybe it's all relative but I find the new wee very comfortable as is. My Connie hurt my neck after a while because I was leaning forward a bit and tilted my head up.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts