StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new here. I have been looking for an adventure but can't find anyone who has it.

Has anyone here seen one?

I'm in southeastern PA

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have one in Seattle - the only one the dealer has received so far. A second is already queued but hasn't arrived yet; I think it is spoken for. Suzuki claims that there have been accessory supply issues for the last few months (since I placed my down payment).

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
There were none in Massachusetts yet a couple of weeks ago when I picked up my Halloween colored version. They were supposed to start flowing to dealers this month.

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
There was one on the sales floor in central MN. Probably a bit of a drive though. Fly and ride!

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
My dealer's having problems getting the standard models,so he did the same thing Suzuki is doing with SW Motec parts and actually using larger bags, for about the same $$$$. Cheers--BB

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
I saw one in Redding, Ca last week, they had a new adv model (black) but they are waiting for the aluminum paniers, new standard (orange), new DL1000 and an old 650, all in a row. It was interesting seeing them all lined up. The orange standard was the best looking of the lot though.... LOL....

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
In your opinion

In your opinion, is it worth waiting on the adventure?

I like the wider windscreen and side cases. Would it be smart to get the standard and add these things later?

Also, I will probably need to get the seat trimed since I can only tiptoe on the stock.

·
Premium Member
8,025 Posts
In your opinion, is it worth waiting on the adventure?

I like the wider windscreen and side cases. Would it be smart to get the standard and add these things later?

Also, I will probably need to get the seat trimed since I can only tiptoe on the stock.
The Adventure package seemed like too much money to me. Besides, since this is my third Vstrom, I know what I want and prefer different options.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Personally I am not crazy about the panniers. I am giving serious thought to buying Jesse bags as a replacement. (offers being taken for the adv. balck panniers and racks.) The windshiels seems to work fine for me and I am 74 inches tall. And, "this could quite possibly be the best motorcycle ever made." HB

·
Registered
152 Posts
I am not sure why Suzuki did not just offer the black and orange 650's stock with the adventure option for both.

any ideas?

·
Registered
173 Posts
I was actually after the adventure model myself. However, I saw the orange model at a bike show and it completely changed my mind. I dig the orange! So much so that I abandoned my idea to get the adventure and picked up an orange model. I ordered the TRAX boxes from Twisted Throttle, along with a center stand and heated grips. I am still within a couple of hundred of the adventure model. That leaves me without the touring windshield and the crash bars from the adventure model. That being said, I completed a 105 mile ride back from the dealership and the stock windscreen is way more than I expected and will stay. I could use the crash bars but I am undecided on a skid plate and with all of my research it seems that the skid plate and the crash bars are closely related so I have decided to hold off on both the crash bars and the skid plate. Obviously, I think the adventure is awesome or I would not be trying to replicate it. I just wish that an orange adventure was an option right out of the gate. Good luck!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your responses!!

I'm still undecided and I only have until the end of the month to decide (0%).

I am now leaning slightly toward the standard and then just adding the other stuff.

The other thing I need to work is the seat height (I am old and shrinking). I need to come down a little over an inch (I know, there is a lot on this subject). The lower seat for the 12 lowers the height by about 20mm (3/4 inch). There is not enough aftermarket seats out there yet for the 12 to pick from. I really prefer not to mess with lowering the bike.

Yes...I am losing sleep over this but as with most things, this will come to pass.

Thanks again!!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Adventure + Givi top-case = deliberately unsupported

So, I've had problems installing a Givi top case on the adventure model. It turns out there's a very specific reason, which Twisted Throttle supplied once I emailed them:

Unfortunately, Suzuki had made designs to their setup so only Suzuki branded cases would work with them. Our hardware is meant to replace stock OEM parts not designed in trim packages.
This is just ridiculously poor treatment of the customer (by Suzuki). Suzuki-branded top cases are completely unacceptable. For my purposes, they definitely won't accommodate a helmet that fits my head. I'll have to figure out a creative solution to get the E250 adaptor plate installed. :headbang:

·
Registered
152 Posts
To RAGMAN

I am not sure how much you are willing to spend but I am currently speaking with Loren Baldwin from Baldwin motorbike saddles about raising my seat.

The cost is 395.00 for a custom seat and that includes choosing any vinyl option he has and whatever lowering or raising option you want.

His seat look much better then stock.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK...My local dealer called to let me know that he got an adventure in and will be putting it together tonight. I will be going there tomorrow to stare at it. He also said that he had a local upholsterer who would shave the seat for me. We will determine how much needs to be shaved and then see if that much can be shaved from the seat. I may be sitting on metal bars. I'm getting to excited for an old man.

·
Registered
536 Posts
Yesterday I was in a local shop having a tire changed for an F650GS Dakar. I left with a DL650 Adventure. Today it snowed 6 inches.

Isn't that the way it goes...

·
Registered
7 Posts
'12 Adventure

Picked up my local dealer's first Adv. on Friday. He is already un-boxing another today. I was a hard-core BMW GS'er, but am a convert (or refugee) as are several friends. I am liking the Strom better by the mile!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts