StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Boy talks too much....
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got our ordering guide for 2012 and DL1000 and DL1000 Adventure are on the menu. NO ABS Still!!!!!! :headbang:
Told my boss to pass or just order one. New color. Red and black. Yawn......
MSRP $10,399 and $10,999.

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
I'm sad. Why didn't they stick 1000 engine into 2012 Wee frame?
Because that would have made too much sense.

My guess is they dug up some 09s that were left in warehouses and are seeing if they sell before doing anything with the model.

My more cynical guess is that they had a bunch left over that didn't sell and took the bike off the market to generate scarcity. A year later it's back and theory says people will happily fight eachother for one.

In practice, it's still the same bike. Ooh, a new colour; yup, what the OP said: yawn...

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Because that would have made too much sense.
It would make no sense. The Vee frame and Wee frame are pretty similar. No advantage would be gained. The tooling for the Wee frame is busy making Wees. The Vee engines won't fit the Wee frame. The frame is one piece that is virtually unchanged for the Wee in 2012. ABS can be put into the Vee frame rather easily. It's even been done by an individual much less a company. It starts here

The Vee engine is the part that needs a makeover to handle emissions without getting too lean and to fix the clutch issues.

·
Registered
522 Posts
Wow, someone is late to the party. There have only been like 2 threads prior to this one talking about the '12 Vee:confused:

·
Registered
816 Posts

·
Banned
4,057 Posts
It would make no sense. The Vee frame and Wee frame are pretty similar. No advantage would be gained. The tooling for the Wee frame is busy making Wees. The Vee engines won't fit the Wee frame.

The Vee engine is the part that needs a makeover to handle emissions without getting too lean and to fix the clutch issues.
By "wee frame" in the post I quoted, I assumed the author was talking about the whole packaging (body and ABS brakes included). I'm surprised that someone as knowledgeable as you didn't see it that way too.

·
Boy talks too much....
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Wow, someone is late to the party. There have only been like 2 threads prior to this one talking about the '12 Vee:confused:
It isn't a party unless we actually get an ordering guide. Till then its just rumor. :fineprint:

·
Registered
522 Posts
It isn't a party unless we actually get an ordering guide. Till then its just rumor. :fineprint:
So I guess Suzuki's website doesn't count :fineprint: If you are a motorcycle salesman, you should have known that the info was posted on their website Monday. I guess you weren't in the loop:green_lol:

·
Boy talks too much....
588 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So I guess Suzuki's website doesn't count :fineprint: If you are a motorcycle salesman, you should have known that the info was posted on their website Monday. I guess you weren't in the loop:green_lol:
A year or so ago Suzuki updated the US website with all the Canadian spec bikes and all the bikes in Canadian prices. Marketing idiots run the website. Took em 2 days to pull it down. The ordering guide is called the bible for a reason. And we were closed on Monday like 99% of all bike shops in Calif. Our sister store is the one that has Suzuki, I run the Triumph dealership. Who pissed in your coffee anyway? It wasn't me.
I get an update that seems reliable, I pass it on. Dont need to be a dick because I'm not as quick as you think I should be.

·
Registered
522 Posts
A year or so ago Suzuki updated the US website with all the Canadian spec bikes and all the bikes in Canadian prices. Marketing idiots run the website. Took em 2 days to pull it down. The ordering guide is called the bible for a reason. And we were closed on Monday like 99% of all bike shops in Calif. Our sister store is the one that has Suzuki, I run the Triumph dealership. Who pissed in your coffee anyway? It wasn't me.
I get an update that seems reliable, I pass it on. Dont need to be a dick because I'm not as quick as you think I should be.
So who's being the dick here:thumbdown:

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
By "wee frame" in the post I quoted, I assumed the author was talking about the whole packaging (body and ABS brakes included). I'm surprised that someone as knowledgeable as you didn't see it that way too.
I read writing, not minds. Again, the problem with making the Vee viable in the present is the engine, and nobody means that when they say "frame".

·
Registered
780 Posts
So what's the answer? Do I have a classic or not?

Les

1 - 20 of 24 Posts