StromTrooper banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey!

I just cleaned and lubed my chain. Had the sprocket cover off and it was a goopy mess. I don't think the PO ever went in there. I cleaned it all up and also took the opportunity to clean the slave cylinder, and inspect the push rod. All good. I would like to get a bit further in and inspect the push rod seal (and maybe change the sprocket - looks good but is the original one)
Also flushed clutch fluid. Wasn't too dark and the level was perfect. Flushed it anyway because I don't know when it was last done.

I want to have a spare push rod seal on hand in case it is due for a replacement when I go back in. Is this the right stock #: 09283-06008

Thanks!
Neil

·
Registered
649 Posts
I've got 3 (maybe 4) sitting on my desk; let me see what part# they are. I do know for sure they fit an 04 and an 07; not sure if the number changed in 12 or 13.

Give me until the morning to check, hopefully I can help u out!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: Gert

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've got 3 (maybe 4) sitting on my desk; let me see what part# they are. I do know for sure they fit an 04 and an 07; not sure if the number changed in 12 or 13.

Give me until the morning to check, hopefully I can help u out!

Hi!

Any word on those seals..?

Cheers!
N

·
Registered
649 Posts
Shoot, forgot to check. Can you take a look and see if it's the same part number for 12 as 04? I do have 4 of them; I believe I used each of them once while trying to chase a leak (that ended up coming from somewhere else).

·
Registered
649 Posts
I can't find any packaging, so no part number, but here's what I've got. PM me if you want one and we'll talk $$ there (not allowed to talk $$ here, I think).

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I can't find any packaging, so no part number, but here's what I've got. PM me if you want one and we'll talk $$ there (not allowed to talk $$ here, I think).
Those look right, but without the #, it's hard to be sure. I went by Suzuki today and ordered one ($15)
When I go back to pick it up, I'll ask if it is the same part for 2007 and 2012... (might be good to have a spare)

Cheers!
N

·
Registered
1,792 Posts
I don't know where you are on this fix but I installed a plastic tube over my push rod to prevent further contamination of the seal from chain lube and debris. I used a cut section from a siphon outlet tube (cheap Walmart bulb siphon) that was accordian shaped and could collapse to fit tight when I replace the side cover. So far no issues after about 10k but I haven't needed to remove the cover to inspect it.

Reactions: Gert and WildDoktor

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I don't know where you are on this fix but I installed a plastic tube over my push rod to prevent further contamination of the seal from chain lube and debris. I used a cut section from a siphon outlet tube (cheap Walmart bulb siphon) that was accordian shaped and could collapse to fit tight when I replace the side cover. So far no issues after about 10k but I haven't needed to remove the cover to inspect it.
Going in tomorrow.
Interesting... Might be worth a trip to Walmart to pick up a little accordion tube.

·
Registered
3,971 Posts
I used a foam ear plug for the same modification. I doubt I really needed to though, since I cleaned this area up every chain replacement and used a good "clean" chain lube that did very well at not gunking up the rod and seal.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts