StromTrooper banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When we saw the 2012 Suzuki's back in October, there were 2 conflicting documents regarding the month we could expect the first new 650's. Some read December and another document read January. Suzuki had us fill out forecasts of our order before they actually did allocations and took our orders. I think we placed the orders for the new bikes around late November.

Until about a week ago, there was no other information available to us as to which units or quantities had been confirmed. But now we are expecting at least one 650 "soon". Supposedly they are "At Warehouse" which means they are awaiting invoicing and pickup by the truck lines. Often when new bikes come out, the manufacturers will wait until they have enough in the warehouse to ship all of the dealers at least one. that way nobody seems to get favored treatment. Then as subsequent bikes get to the warehouse they are divvied out to the remainder of the orders. Our warehouse (for Kentucky) is in Columbus, OH. I think we are about as far South as that warehouse serves.

Anyway, until the units actually ship, we can't usually get info any closer than that. They only specify the month they are supposed to ship in. Sometimes they ship a week or two early but sometimes they are a month late too. Our rep did say last week that he thought there were some of the 650's accumulating in the warehouse so the wait shouldn't be much longer. We don't have one sold yet but we have a few guys anxious to see one. Some of those guys are prospective owners and others are current owners curious to see what's up.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The 2012 models are starting to move from the warehouse now (1/16/2012). I just checked our floor plan account and one shows up now that was invoiced on the 13th. So if your dealer is served from the warehouse in Chicago they should get one this week or early next week

I had previously wrote that they come from Columbus, OH. I confused our old Yamaha warehouse. Suzuki's warehouse for the North East down to about Central KY is in Chicago.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hey Mark, I'm near Morehead,KY & just sat on a(r.e.,your dealer web site) Super Tenere at LexMotorsorts last week-way too tall for me-will they lower enough for my legs @ 28.5 inseam? Went in there looking to see the new Wee's. You can read my posts here lately as I sort through the notion of switching to a WEE. I'm short & it has to fit me plus I need to like the ride too. Cave Run Suzuki is my nearest dealer but I'm not over that way much either. Price often takes me out of state when I buy a car, so you & others are not so far, your thoughts?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
Kid, that would have been better as a PM and I hope any answer comes that way.

·
Premium Member
93 Posts
V-Strom delivery

My dealer, served by the chicago warehouse, just called to inform me that my '12 std. V-Strom showed up at their shop.

·
Registered
471 Posts
I just got a call from my Suzuki dealer.....He got a 2012 Wee in this morning and he's putting it together as we speak......:hurray:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts
There's at least one in North Carolina.

·
Registered
471 Posts
Let the spending begin.........:thumbup:

·
Living the Stereotype
11,544 Posts

It was interesting to see the 2012 and 2011 side-by-side.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Seattle sighting

Aurora Suzuki in Seattle took delivery today of three orange / non-adventure models, saying the adventure models would arrive in late February (I have a deposit on one of them).

The models will be on the floor by Friday so I'll try to compare them side by side.

335850_10150485965242326_501412325_9527622_570759786_o.jpg

·
Registered
80 Posts
Just got a call today from my dealer, he has my 2012 V Strom waiting for me. Weather is supposed to be in the mid 50's Thursday, I forsee a ride in the near future!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Okay Guys,

We are all anxiously awaiting your first impressions... I am very interested in the new Wee's response to wind - mostly crosswinds - the main reason why I traded up to my Concours from my 2009 Wee was two butt-clenching episodes in the Columbia gorge with heavy winds.:headband: Though, now missing the Wee - for fuel economy, easier maneuverability and all-round riding enjoyment.

Thanks,

--John

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
Okay Guys,

We are all anxiously awaiting your first impressions... I am very interested in the new Wee's response to wind - mostly crosswinds - the main reason why I traded up to my Concours from my 2009 Wee was two butt-clenching episodes in the Columbia gorge with heavy winds.:headband: Though, now missing the Wee - for fuel economy, easier maneuverability and all-round riding enjoyment.

Thanks,

--John
Better than the old Wee.

With a fork brace and steering damper, pretty much unnoticeable. (Mind you those two mods sorted out the old model as well).

Fuel economy is a lot better as well if you aren't pushing hard.

Pete

·
Registered
189 Posts
Thanks... I had a KB fork brace on my '09 Wee, and it helped noticeably, thought the intense winds of the Columbia gorge still got after the front end pretty good - lifting the front nearly off the ground at times. I am not very familiar with steering dampers - they seem pretty expensive...

Also, I see that several of you Aussies have reported incredibly high mileage - much higher than dealer spec, or other rider reports... I wonder if your bikes have different (or no) pollution controls than European, or American exports... I also surmise that it is warm there now - seeing as you are upside down, and it is now summer....LOL...

--John

·
Registered
144 Posts
Just got a call from my dealer, Cycle City Corp in Newport News, Va. They have the standard on the floor as of today. I'm going to go check them out.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Okay Guys,

Thanks,

--John
The wind in the Columbia gorge will shake most bikes and riders at times. I have been caught in high wind/gust on my Wee, and my R1200RT. Both tried to fly up out of the gorge. Similar winds in the passes over the mountains have not felt as bad. Must be a gorge thing.:confused:
V-Tour

1 - 20 of 67 Posts