StromTrooper banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi... anybody can tell me if the the clutch adjustment is done the same way as for the previous model.
15 000km and still no adjustment done. I love it.

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
It's totally different. The clutch pushrod free play adjuster is under the clutch cover. By the time the clutch friction material wears away to the point all the free play is gone, It may be a good idea to replace the friction plates because you'll be in there anyway.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's totally different. The clutch pushrod free play adjuster is under the clutch cover. By the time the clutch friction material wears away to the point all the free play is gone, It may be a good idea to replace the friction plates because you'll be in there anyway.
Thanks a lot for the precision.

·
Registered
3 Posts
So just to be clear, on the 2012+ the only clutch adjustment available without opening the clutch cover is at the clutch lever. Is that correct?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,048 Posts
There is also an adjustment on the cable besides the one where the cable end meets the clutch lever perch.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks. I was searching for the procedure to make that adjustment but could not find something specific to the Glee. I still have more play in the clutch pull than I would like and the handle adjuster is out of adjustment.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Just a little ways down the cable from the handle adjuster.

·
Premium Member
17 Posts
And if that's not enough (to remove the slack), you can rotate the lever arm on the engine case and jump one spline (in the correct direction) to remove gross cable slack. It's already punch marked and scribed a starting point on the shaft. Just go back up to the lever adjustments to fine tune after.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts