StromTrooper banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I attached a new Bestem top box to my new 2012 DL650 today. Now for the wiring. Does anybody know if the wiring looks the same here as what previous years used? Should the Easter Beaver plug-n-play brake light switch connector Suzuki VStrom Electrics work with this 2012?

·
FORUM GODFATHER.....R.I.P. PAT
38,104 Posts
The wiring color code is unchanged.
Gray- tail light hot
White/black is brake light hot
Black/white is ground
Black is left turn signal hot
Light green is right turn signal hot.

The connector looks different to me but it's hard to tell. Send some close-ups, especially of the ends and bigger than shown here, to Jim at Eastern Beaver. He makes the things from standard Japanese connectors and ought to be able to fix you up.

·
Registered
3,994 Posts
I think it's a different connector - definitely harder to get at .
Suzuki seem to have gone with more waterproof connectors on this model.

Pete

·
38,104 Posts
Remember there is a $20 minimum order. If you don't have headlight relays, get them.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Remember there is a $20 minimum order. If you don't have headlight relays, get them.
Doh! Too late. I shot off the order. I'll probably add the 3SC soon anyway also.
The headlight relays seem like a little something Suzuki could have added on the 2012 in addition to the other tweaks, eh? Are we certain they didn't? I guess they have to draw a line somewhere to keep the cost reasonable.

·
38,104 Posts
I have the wiring diagram for the 2012 Glee. It does not have headlight relays. It does have a power outlet connector in addition to the OEM heated grip connector.

·
Registered
251 Posts
12 wee

Pat I looked at my first 12 yesterday. I didnt see a aux electric connector. Where is it? The one ting I noticed is what I think is the water pump hanging out in the wind on the right side. I wouldnt even take the bike out of the dealership without engine guards.
Curt

·
38,104 Posts
The wiring diagram does not show the position of the connector and I don't have the bike.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts